Backstreet Boys (20/40)

I only wandered into this thread because I saw the topic title in the main board and assumed it was a Cobalt thread.
yeah me tooi 3-bet the turn every time which obv shows why i suck at lhe.
yeah me tooi 3-bet the turn every time which obv shows why i suck at lhe.
it shouldn't be a 3ball everytime as kq and kj as well as AT are most definitely realistic.but in this instance imo to me it was most def. a 3bet. Standard is to call
it shouldn't be a 3ball everytime as kq and kj as well as AT are most definitely realistic.but in this instance imo to me it was most def. a 3bet. Standard is to call
so if there is EITHER no Q or J on the flop then is the ALWAYS a 3-Bet?i suck so bad
so if there is EITHER no Q or J on the flop then is the ALWAYS a 3-Bet?i suck so bad
don't think of poker as ALWAYS. Unless u have quads, a hand like this is player dependentif a passive player cr'd me, I'd probably be pretty scared and just callAgainst some aggros I'd only call a raise here whereas others who I know can semibluff or am sure are 3betting a worse king, I'm def. 3balling.It's pretty much, how strong is my belief that the other guy has a worse hand. It's never, oh i got trips! insta3bet!
don't think of poker as ALWAYS. Unless u have quads, a hand like this is player dependentif a passive player cr'd me, I'd probably be pretty scared and just callAgainst some aggros I'd only call a raise here whereas others who I know can semibluff or am sure are 3betting a worse king, I'm def. 3balling.It's pretty much, how strong is my belief that the other guy has a worse hand. It's never, oh i got trips! insta3bet!
i agree with this, but on this hand, the likelihood of this being a hand that we both beat AND will call us down if we 3bet seems to be limited to just Kx or maybe AQ/Q10. i'm still fighting for calling and raising the river based on the likelihood of this being a bluff of some sort that won't go further if we tell him to stfu on the turn.cobalt, this is really a great hand for discussion, ty for posting.
i agree with this, but on this hand, the likelihood of this being a hand that we both beat AND will call us down if we 3bet seems to be limited to just Kx or maybe AQ/Q10. i'm still fighting for calling and raising the river based on the likelihood of this being a bluff of some sort that won't go further if we tell him to stfu on the turn.
I definitely was considering raising a lot of rivers.
cobalt, this is really a great hand for discussion, ty for posting.
I try. =)
i don't think of NL poker as ALWAYS. i always approach limit as a more methodical mechanical game where missing a few bets or making a few bad bets on a daily basis can make the difference between a winning/losing/break even player. this is probably a horrible stereotype of LHE but for some reason i can't think of it differently.here's a question for u or anyone if we 3-bet and villian caps do we (assume river is complete blank)a. call and call (if villian leads river)b. fold c. call and fold (if villian leads river)d. call and bet (if villian checks river)e. call and check (if villian checks river)f. call and raise (if villian bets river)