$1.10/45 On The Bubble

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB (t24470)UTG (t9560)Hero (t8400)MP1 (t3980)MP2 (t2080)CO (t6375)Button (t7315)SB (t5320)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A :D , T :club: . 1 fold, Hero raises to t2000, MP1 raises to t3930, 5 folds, Hero calls t1930.Anyone play it different? I made it 2k preflop so I could get away if the BB came over the top...It's bubble play after all. MP1 gave me good odds to call, so I'm all in preflop for half my stack on the bubble. Not really where I wanted to be, but looking it over, I'm not sure how else to play it. Anyone open fold here?

Fold it on the money bubble, too many to act after you, and it's a marginal hand from UTG+1 anyways. You won't like getting called, and stealing 1400ish in blinds antes isn't going to matter a whole ton in the short term. I don't generally even play AJ from that spot on the bubble. I'm a nit, thought. Put yourself in CO+1 or CO and it's more of a decision, but with 6 to act behind you, fold and be merry. Your M is still 6 and meaningful bumps are coming soon enough. If the table has nitted up to AQ+/99+ ranges, then you can get a little squirrelly.

With such a small stack, you should never make it 2000, you should just move all-in or fold. If it wasn't the bubble, this would be an easy push, but on the bubble it becomes closer to a fold. So basically, I don't mind either folding or pushing here, but betting 2000 is just wrong.

I agree with the others, I'm folding this 100% of the time from this position. Not only do you have bad position and a stack that is barely large enough for a standard raise, but you have 2 shorties acting after you to worry about. The pressure is on those guys, and they're going to look for spots to get all their chips in. If you don't want to play your hand for more than the raise you're planning to make, then it's better to fold it.