Nba Trade Machine

John Starks? Wash your mouth out with soap. lol. Gordon is solid. T-mac is a better player, obviously. But T-mac is also getting older. He's only 28, but he has 11 years of miles on the odometer. He hasn't been a model of health in his youth, it's only going to get scarier from here on out. I think if the deal was something like Gordon/Duhon or Gordon/Nocioni for McGrady it would be considered seriously by both sides.I could just be a little impartial because everytime I've been in the Rose Garden for Bulls games, Gordon absolutely torches us lol.see above. My main point was: Houston would not be entirely opposed to moving McGrady if they got back a solid 2 and some quality pieces.One final thought: Ben Gordon has won a playoff series. Tracy McGrady has not. weeeeeee!
I think Gordon and Nocioni would make the Rockets think. I always like bringing Argentines together for NBA domination and all, but Nocioni, Battier, Wells, Scola seems a little busy at the 3/4 position for Houston. I don't think the right pieces are in place to ship McGrady. Houston would need to get a real PG and a scoring 2. I guess Gordon is a scoring 2, but he's more of a tweener. I think a team that could satisfy the Rockets is someone like Dallas, throwing in Howard and Terry for McGrady + something.McGrady + Nowitzki would be the funniest 1-2 scoring punch ever.
I think Gordon and Nocioni would make the Rockets think. I always like bringing Argentines together for NBA domination and all, but Nocioni, Battier, Wells, Scola seems a little busy at the 3/4 position for Houston.
Very busy, indeed. That why I assume a Duhon/Gordon type combo with a draft pick thrown in. I really couldn't envision the Bulls giving up Heinrich *and* Gordon for McGrady, that would set them backwards too far at the point.
I don't think the right pieces are in place to ship McGrady. Houston would need to get a real PG and a scoring 2. I guess Gordon is a scoring 2, but he's more of a tweener. I think a team that could satisfy the Rockets is someone like Dallas, throwing in Howard and Terry for McGrady + something.McGrady + Nowitzki would be the funniest 1-2 scoring punch ever.
That would be quite a sight to see. No way in hell Dallas does that deal, though. Stackhouse + either Terry OR Howard, I could see happening. But no way in Hades Dallas gives up both pieces of their future for McGrady at 28.I could be wrong, but that seems like a stretch. Would be fun to watch: you can't double both Dirk and Tmac.
That would be quite a sight to see. No way in hell Dallas does that deal, though. Stackhouse + either Terry OR Howard, I could see happening. But no way in Hades Dallas gives up both pieces of their future for McGrady at 28.I could be wrong, but that seems like a stretch. Would be fun to watch: you can't double both Dirk and Tmac.
Isn't Terry older than McGrady? He's not their future, Harris is. He's a scorer like Gordon and Howard is a stud IMO. There are probably many reasons it wouldn't be done, but top of the list is that they are Wester Conference Rivals and top tier(ish) teams.But C'monTerry, Howard, Battier, Scola, Ming w/ Head/Alston possibly starting at the 1 and moving either Scola/Battier to bench!Harris, Stack, McGrady, Nowitzki, Dampier!
The Heat are in the same spot the Blazers were a couple years back. Couple years removed from playoff success, and surrounded by players who can no longer put up the prime time numbers that their big contracts warrant.We had Sabonis, Wallace, Stoudamire, and Derek Anderson...You had Shaq, J-will, Antione Walker, Payton..You turned Walker into Blount, IIRC. Payton retired, J-Will is still plugging along, and Shaq sells the tickets.You got a nice little core with Wade, Haslem, Parker, Blount, Cook, and Davis. But you gotta sit on your hands and rebuild for a year or two. Jason Williams comes off the books this year, as does Mourning and Ricky Davis. That's almost 19 million off the books, which puts you exactly at the Salary cap level.With Shaq taking 20 mil the next *3* years and Wade actually "earning" 13 mil, that's only 22 million of wiggle room for 10-12 roster spots. Not the most enviable position to be in, but not life-threatening. Riley looks ready to bail, which is $#!++y, in my opinon, because he railroaded StanVan out of there to gravy train another ring, a ring that he MORTGAGED THE FUTURE FOR, and now he's ready to jump ship after what he's reaped has been sown. Bleh. Of course, as a fan, you got a championship, so it's a nice "bad" situation to be in.Focus on this: Dorrell Wright, J-Will, Smush Parker, Luke Jackson (lol, I swear he was good at Oregon! I swear it! Now he's a stiff that's painful to watch that can no longer shoot), and Ricky Davis all are free agents at the end of the year. Who gets re-signed, and who gets ignored by the Heat front-office will tell you plenty about the direction they are heading in. Good luck to you guys.And if Riley sends J-will and other expiring contracts out to bring someone else in this year, that's definitely the worst-case scenario.
If you can win a ring, you win one. I have no beef with that. I have beef with extending Shaq for 5 years at 20 mill. I believe he only has 2 years left at 20 mill.Smush is a cancer
If you can win a ring, you win one. I have no beef with that. I have beef with extending Shaq for 5 years at 20 mill. I believe he only has 2 years left at 20 mill.Smush is a cancer
I agree wholehearitly. But Riley is the one who enjoyed the reward and won't have to suffer the consequences.Shaq has this year and 2 more years at 20 mil+. Yikes.
The Heat are in the same spot the Blazers were a couple years back. Couple years removed from playoff success, and surrounded by players who can no longer put up the prime time numbers that their big contracts warrant.We had Sabonis, Wallace, Stoudamire, and Derek Anderson...You had Shaq, J-will, Antione Walker, Payton..You turned Walker into Blount, IIRC. Payton retired, J-Will is still plugging along, and Shaq sells the tickets.You got a nice little core with Wade, Haslem, Parker, Blount, Cook, and Davis. But you gotta sit on your hands and rebuild for a year or two. Jason Williams comes off the books this year, as does Mourning and Ricky Davis. That's almost 19 million off the books, which puts you exactly at the Salary cap level.With Shaq taking 20 mil the next *3* years and Wade actually "earning" 13 mil, that's only 22 million of wiggle room for 10-12 roster spots. Not the most enviable position to be in, but not life-threatening. Riley looks ready to bail, which is $#!++y, in my opinon, because he railroaded StanVan out of there to gravy train another ring, a ring that he MORTGAGED THE FUTURE FOR, and now he's ready to jump ship after what he's reaped has been sown. Bleh. Of course, as a fan, you got a championship, so it's a nice "bad" situation to be in.Focus on this: Dorrell Wright, J-Will, Smush Parker, Luke Jackson (lol, I swear he was good at Oregon! I swear it! Now he's a stiff that's painful to watch that can no longer shoot), and Ricky Davis all are free agents at the end of the year. Who gets re-signed, and who gets ignored by the Heat front-office will tell you plenty about the direction they are heading in. Good luck to you guys.And if Riley sends J-will and other expiring contracts out to bring someone else in this year, that's definitely the worst-case scenario.
i agree completely with heat doing nothing. just hope to hit lottery jackpot this year. if riley makes more trades I may have to kill him. just accept rebuilding!ron, i know it is a pipe dream. i love cp3. i think heat could take advantage of NO. every night paul plays obviously it becomes more ridiculous. averaging 20pts 10assts. what a beast.