Do I Have A Good Plan?

My buddy and I are looking for a successful way to make money online. We are better at SNGs, so I devised a plan that I think can be profitable. Tell me what you think.Master Plan (on Full Tilt Poker)My theory when it comes to making money off of online poker revolves on playing a massive volume of Sit N Go's. To accomplish this, we are going to have to play enough tournaments to be able to handle the swings of poker, and maintain our bankroll. For example, if you have $200, playing $60 tournies is not wise because we all know that you can easily lose 4 tournies in a row. But, with $200, if you are doing $6.50 and $12, you will be able to play enough tournies to be able to even out the bad beats, and eventually start building your bankroll.I also think that playing 4 tables is a very good way of accomplishing the volume goal. I think 4 tables is the highest number to tables that you can still get very good concentratation on every table you are playing. Anything more, you will easily lose track of whats going on in what tourney, you play less, and you won't accomplish your volume goal.In this case, I will start with a $500 bankroll. With a $500 bankroll, all of the Sit and Go's that will first be played are $12 tournies. 4-tabling these tournies will give us 16 tournies to try to make steady growth on our $500. Even if we only are making around $10-$20 a round (an hour) in these early stages, it is still as good as a part time job, and over the course of time can get our bankroll to a point where we can move on to $12 tournies.For a large example, let's say we decide to spend 4 hours in a night and do 4 rounds of these $12 SnG's.Starting Bankroll: $500Round 1: $500-$48(4 tournies)= $452Let's say we start out winning one, and taking third in another, while getting absolutley donked in the other.Round 1 results: $452+49.50+19.80= $521.30Round 2: $521.30-$48= $473We don't play great, but we manage to limp into the money on one, while getting heads up and donked in the other. The other 2 tournies were dry as shit and we didn't place.Round 2 results: $473+29.70+19.80= $522.50Round 3: $522.50-$48= $473After 2 hours of playing, we are playing well, and take one down, take 2nd, and take third.Round 3 results: $473+$49.50+$29.70+$19.80=$572Round 4: $572-$48= $524Good thing we are stopping, only took 3rd in one of them.Round 4 results: $524+19.80= $543.80So, in those 4 hours, we gained 11.6% of our bankroll, and make $10.95 for those 4 hours of work.In those 16 tournies:1st- 22nd- 23rd- 34th-9th- 9So we are only placing in 43.7% of our tournies, taking 1st or 2nd only 25% of the time, and still turning the profit over the course of time. So yes, this is pretty much my plan on how we should start out. Once we get in the $750-$800 areas, I think we may be able to take a shot at the $24 tournies. This means we are up $300 from our original bankroll, which I think we could do in 2 weeks to a month. If we want to be serious about this, in my opinion, we have to be happy with even $50 dollar nights, $100 weeks, until we can get our bankrolls up enough to be making more.

If we want to be serious about this, in my opinion, we have to be happy with even $50 dollar nights, $100 weeks, until we can get our bankrolls up enough to be making more.
I think that this is key. You'll go through several sets where you can play very well and get donkstruck from every single SNG you are playing. When multitabling you absolutely have to avoid tilting. You can't leave at any time like a cash game. When you get comfortable playing 4 tables I would suggest moving up to 6 or 8. Your ROI will almost sure go down a few points, but your $/hr should go up. Decisions in these become very formulatic, especially in early blinds where you are playing super tight. I have to go to work, I'll try to remember to post something later.
  • 7 months later...

Playing on a shared bankroll with a friend= terrible idea.Really, go at it alone..I can't think of a better way of ruining a friendship and one of you feeling slighted than doing this..Aside from having a 3 some with one of your g/fs

My buddy and I are looking for a successful way to make money online. We are better at SNGs, so I devised a plan that I think can be profitable. Tell me what you think.Master Plan (on Full Tilt Poker)My theory when it comes to making money off of online poker revolves on playing a massive volume of Sit N Go's. To accomplish this, we are going to have to play enough tournaments to be able to handle the swings of poker, and maintain our bankroll. For example, if you have $200, playing $60 tournies is not wise because we all know that you can easily lose 4 tournies in a row. But, with $200, if you are doing $6.50 and $12, you will be able to play enough tournies to be able to even out the bad beats, and eventually start building your bankroll.I also think that playing 4 tables is a very good way of accomplishing the volume goal. I think 4 tables is the highest number to tables that you can still get very good concentratation on every table you are playing. Anything more, you will easily lose track of whats going on in what tourney, you play less, and you won't accomplish your volume goal.In this case, I will start with a $500 bankroll. With a $500 bankroll, all of the Sit and Go's that will first be played are $12 tournies. 4-tabling these tournies will give us 16 tournies to try to make steady growth on our $500. Even if we only are making around $10-$20 a round (an hour) in these early stages, it is still as good as a part time job, and over the course of time can get our bankroll to a point where we can move on to $12 tournies.For a large example, let's say we decide to spend 4 hours in a night and do 4 rounds of these $12 SnG's.Starting Bankroll: $500Round 1: $500-$48(4 tournies)= $452Let's say we start out winning one, and taking third in another, while getting absolutley donked in the other.Round 1 results: $452+49.50+19.80= $521.30Round 2: $521.30-$48= $473We don't play great, but we manage to limp into the money on one, while getting heads up and donked in the other. The other 2 tournies were dry as shit and we didn't place.Round 2 results: $473+29.70+19.80= $522.50Round 3: $522.50-$48= $473After 2 hours of playing, we are playing well, and take one down, take 2nd, and take third.Round 3 results: $473+$49.50+$29.70+$19.80=$572Round 4: $572-$48= $524Good thing we are stopping, only took 3rd in one of them.Round 4 results: $524+19.80= $543.80So, in those 4 hours, we gained 11.6% of our bankroll, and make $10.95 for those 4 hours of work.In those 16 tournies:1st- 22nd- 23rd- 34th-9th- 9So we are only placing in 43.7% of our tournies, taking 1st or 2nd only 25% of the time, and still turning the profit over the course of time. So yes, this is pretty much my plan on how we should start out. Once we get in the $750-$800 areas, I think we may be able to take a shot at the $24 tournies. This means we are up $300 from our original bankroll, which I think we could do in 2 weeks to a month. If we want to be serious about this, in my opinion, we have to be happy with even $50 dollar nights, $100 weeks, until we can get our bankrolls up enough to be making more.
Are these actual results or just your guess at the kind of success you can have?
Are these actual results or just your guess at the kind of success you can have?
I think he's just making some... "modest" predictions.Good luck with that!
I think that this is key. You'll go through several sets where you can play very well and get donkstruck from every single SNG you are playing. When multitabling you absolutely have to avoid tilting. You can't leave at any time like a cash game. When you get comfortable playing 4 tables I would suggest moving up to 6 or 8. Your ROI will almost sure go down a few points, but your $/hr should go up. Decisions in these become very formulatic, especially in early blinds where you are playing super tight. I have to go to work, I'll try to remember to post something later.
I can't wait!