Top Pair, Top Kicker: Flush Card Hits

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.30 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($54.70)UTG ($73.35)MP ($31.50)CO ($39.40)Button ($36.05)SB ($20)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :D , Q :club: . 1 fold, MP calls $0.30, CO raises to $0.6, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.55, MP folds, CO calls $1.65.Flop: ($5.25) Q :D , 3 :D , J :)(2 players)Hero bets $7.2, CO calls $7.20.Turn: ($19.65) 8 :D(2 players)I am not really sure what to do in this spot. I intentionally over bet the flop to try and price out any flush draw. Villain plays alot of hands, but is not too aggressive. He has play fairly well in this session. I don't like checking, because then I am forced to make a really tough call. How much should I bet here?Thanks for the advise.

Is 3-betting pf standard here?I'd hate to play this hand OOP in a reraised pot.
Maybe this is the wrong play here. I felt like his min-raise pre-flop is weak, so I bumped it. Not sure if this is a bad play. Lets say I just call, then would I be in a different situation on the turn?

If these are the deep tables on FT, then I just have to comment that you really should have some experience playing deep stacked or you're going to be at a large disadvantage at these tables for reasons like this.I don't mind reraising preflop, but I really don't like the overbet on the flop. There aren't too many hands that you can beat right now. If he's not too aggressive, just check and see what he does because I can't see you winning here too often.You said you don't wanna check because you don't wanna have to make a tough call, but deepstacked poker means that you're gonna be faced with tough calls simply becuase there's more room to outplay people.

Doesn't checking the flop conceit the hand? I mean, I have re-raised with ace-queen and hit my queen on a fairly uncoordinated board, I have to be pretty happy, right? I feel like his min-raise pre flop makes his range huge (any pair, two face cards, A-10s-A-K). I have a large portion (2/2-10/10, J-10, K-10, K-J, K-Q, A-10, A-J, A-K) of these hands beat. His smooth call on the flop does concern me, but it could mean he has any of the aforementioned hands.Checking on the turn here is me giving up. I mean, can I really call any turn or river bet?

I mean, I have re-raised with ace-queen and hit my queen on a fairly uncoordinated board, I have to be pretty happy, right?
You should check Websters for a definition of "uncoordinated" becuase this board IS NOT uncoordinated.
You should check Websters for a definition of "uncoordinated" becuase this board IS NOT uncoordinated.
LOL, I agree :)I don't really like the flop overbet, betting 2/3 or 3/4 the pot on the flop will accomplish the same goal. As for the turn, now that you're there, I think you have to bet/fold. I really hate checking because you're essentially surrendering, so I think I'd go for a bet/fold. Something like 2/3 pot. This hand would be 100% easier if you were not OOP.

After thinking about it and talking with a buddy about it, I agree that the large over bet on the flop is pointless. I am accomplishing the same goal by betting 2/3 of the pot. I guess the question I am trying to discuss here is what to do when the flush card hits? Do we bet again on the turn (and then fold to a raise) or do we check the turn (basically giving up on the hand)?

After thinking about it and talking with a buddy about it, I agree that the large over bet on the flop is pointless. I am accomplishing the same goal by betting 2/3 of the pot. I guess the question I am trying to discuss here is what to do when the flush card hits? Do we bet again on the turn (and then fold to a raise) or do we check the turn (basically giving up on the hand)?
I CRAI enough on the turn that anyone who has seen me play has to legitimately fear this meaning that it's a lot less likely that they just try and steal the pot from me. So, I guess for me, a check fold here is fine. If you're not me, a bet/fold is the line to take I think.