This hand came up while i was playing a live 1/2 NLHE. It was a fairly loose game pre-flop and one player continusly raised to $5 resulting in some pretty big pots as there would usually be 5-6 callers. So this guy raises to $5 UTG and gets 8 callers including the big blind. The big blind ends up pushing in on the turn, after it is checked around on the flop. He gets one caller and shows Aces, the caller show 4 7 for two pair. 4 7 holds up and the aces lose. Anyways, my opinion is the big blind should just move in before the flop and to the $40 profit or maybe get called by 1 player who he will have crushed. The guy next to me thought it would be best to raise to $15. Any thoughts?

BB's flat call is horrendous and he deserved to lose the hand. Muppet.Raising to $15 would be pretty bad because it would give everyone huge pot odds to see a flop.You haven't said what the chip stacks were so it's hard to say what size raise is best preflop.

In that spot with aces I'm not shoving, but I am narrowing the field with a large raise. 15 is horrible, everyone would be priced in and then you are bloating the pot while playing your one pair OOP. Depending on how tight/loose the table is I raise anywhere from 40-70.

This hand came up while i was playing a live 1/2 NLHE. It was a fairly loose game pre-flop and one player continusly raised to $5 resulting in some pretty big pots as there would usually be 5-6 callers. So this guy raises to $5 UTG and gets 8 callers including the big blind. The big blind ends up pushing in on the turn, after it is checked around on the flop. He gets one caller and shows Aces, the caller show 4 7 for two pair. 4 7 holds up and the aces lose. Anyways, my opinion is the big blind should just move in before the flop and to the $40 profit or maybe get called by 1 player who he will have crushed. The guy next to me thought it would be best to raise to $15. Any thoughts?
I'm raising to $50 with AA in the BB and 7 ppl in for $5 each. I'm also betting the flop pretty hard. To let 47 catch up is just horrible. To cap it all off, I suppose he bitched about his aces getting cracked.

BB had about $90, the rest of th table had from $100 - $400. I don't mind a raise to $50 but I think alot of people will read you for AA. If you move all in some will hopfully think your making a move with AJ or KQ. The guy went on a little rant about how dumb it was fro the guy to play with 4 7. I disagree, there is not many conecting cards i'm not gonna play when i'm getting 8 - 1 preflop. But maybe that just me.

BB had about $90, the rest of th table had from $100 - $400. I don't mind a raise to $50 but I think alot of people will read you for AA. If you move all in some will hopfully think your making a move with AJ or KQ. The guy went on a little rant about how dumb it was fro the guy to play with 4 7. I disagree, there is not many conecting cards i'm not gonna play when i'm getting 8 - 1 preflop. But maybe that just me.
First part ... you won't get read for AA ... not coming from the BB. I think you will get the action you need with a $50 bet. And if not, we made a nice little pot with no sweat at all.Second part ... FYP obv.