I Hate These Types Of Decisions.

PLO8 - $0.50/1.00 blinds. 8 handed. First hand in CO, posted (sitting with $49.50 now). Recreating hand history as I didn't send it to this comp. No info on villain from previous sessions.Dealt to hero in CO - Ks Qc Js 10cFolded around to hero, who pots it. Button folds. SB calls (also has about $50). BB folds.Flop is 9s 9c Qs.SB bets pot. Hero ???Here's my thinking as the hand went down. SB called my pot-sized pre-flop raise immediately. I'm talking as soon as I hit the bet pot button, my screen showed him calling like THAT. It was so quick, IMO it had to have been him putting a little check- mark into the call any box. For me, and from what I have experienced on these low-limit tables, there are two basic types of hands that do that - any A 2 hand, and any pocket ace hands. Yes, there are tons of people who do that with many other hands, but those two hands almost definately do it every time. So, that being said, with it being Omaha 8 or better (as opposed to straight Omaha), you would think (or rather I thought) that the odds were slim that my opponent had a full house right now, though it can't be ruled out. Even if he did, I still had the straight-flush outs (lol).So, what would YOU do?

First thing I would do is kick myself for betting pot preflop. This is a pretty strong hand for Omaha, but not Omaha Hi/Lo as you have no low draw. After the flop, it is almost certain you are beat - any nine, AQ, QQ, KK and AA all are ahead. Most likely, you are against a nine (easy for either the AA hand or the A2 hand to have one), or possibly AA. You'll never know where you stand in the hand and are likely to face a pot bet on every seat. Fold now before you lose your whole stack.

The best holding would be bare aces. You would be a huge favourite, but other then that you either near a coinflip or crushed. Against some opponents I would get it in but it isnt a good idea in general to draw on a paired board. I think it depends on the opponent . Against an unkown I would take the safe way and fold most of the time. I think a call would be the worst option because you could be outplayed too often.Btw I dont mind the preflopraise as you are in late position and first in the pot. It is good to mix in some premium high hands in your raising range.

First thing I would do is kick myself for betting pot preflop. This is a pretty strong hand for Omaha, but not Omaha Hi/Lo as you have no low draw. After the flop, it is almost certain you are beat - any nine, AQ, QQ, KK and AA all are ahead. Most likely, you are against a nine (easy for either the AA hand or the A2 hand to have one), or possibly AA. You'll never know where you stand in the hand and are likely to face a pot bet on every seat. Fold now before you lose your whole stack.
no. its a tough spot, and certainly very marginal at best, but against certain opponents folding here sucks. against them call or sometimes make a small raise.

If your opponent has a 9 in his hand, it is legal in most states to actually shoot him *at* the table.If your opponent has the case queens, you, sir, are quite unlucky.Since both those occurrances are rather unlikely, doesn't that essentially make us ahead? What's our villains' likely holdings?AAxx <--- very likelyA(low cards) <----- very possible.JTxx <----- hey, you never know...Hands that call a raise like that without either AA or an Ace with a few low cards are few and far between. You are statistically in good shape against either holding. This isn't a hand you can justify folding. He has to have the case queens, a motherf*cking 9 (seriously now...), or some random incarnation of a wrap straight or nut flush...Hard without any read, but this is AA and/or complete air more often than it's anything you are seriously having to worry about.If we want to frolic in the meta-game dandelion patch for a second, your villain in this hand assumes that *you* have to either have AA or A2xx to raise PF, and has fired on the flop to represent that he has a 9. If you have A2xx, you fold it on this flop, so the play has some merit. We really can't automatically give him credit for anything besides the moxy to realize Q99 isn't likely to hit a PF raiser in O8B.

A so far wide range or thoughts on this predicament I got myself into, which is exactly why I posted it.For arguments sake, lets say you decided to just call that bet.Turn is the 10d.Villain bets $12. Hero ???

When you call and then hit on the turn, shovel. If you're not going to raise turn, fold flop.
no because he is only going to call with hands that beat you. in this hand i am looking for a way to put chips in the pot if i don't make my hands (like if he checks a blank turn to me, which is the most likely scenario). if i make my hand except the straight flush i am looking to let him put the chips in for me.

you kinda need to decide whether you're going to go all in if you hit on the flop, in which case i actually prefer a miniraise/fold or something (i advocate this often, but you have to do it with made hands as well for the infominiraise to work).fwiw, i have no clue why a nine would lead here, unless the villain is tricky. the standard line would be a c/r. i'd put him on AQ, a draw, or possibly KK in this spot. AA should 3bet pre, i'd imagine.

Based on my comments above, I certainly didnt put him on the 6 9 10 K rainbow hand that ended up scooping this pot. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to win it back, as he bailed one hand later after the barrage of comments from the peanut gallery about the hand (only one comment from me - something along the lines of "I like to call pre-flop raises from the SB with absolute junk too. Maybe we are on to something" (stolen from Mike Caro).

"I like to call pre-flop raises from the SB with absolute junk too. Maybe we are on to something" (stolen from Mike Caro).
saying things like this accomplishes nothing unless you are looking to create action and are going to pretend to go on crazy tilt for the next few rounds.