Interview With Chris Vaughn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So JJProdigy's real name is Chris Vaughn?
No he's another person..... Some people think (Chris Vaughn = Absolute = Slippyjacks = BluffMagCV) sold his account or did something so that JJProdigy was playing for him.....I didn't say this, saw this in another forum...... 2+2 I believe....
No he's another person..... Some people think (Chris Vaughn = Absolute = Slippyjacks = BluffMagCV) sold his account or did something so that JJProdigy was playing for him.....I didn't say this, saw this in another forum...... 2+2 I believe....
Yea I know. Guess I'll have to post date a SW on my post.

The thing that annoys me about the JJ thing is that there is a group of people who know about all of the crap that he does, and yet no one will out him.In terms of the FTP Mil win, afaik the current rumor is that he sold his account when he was deep in the FTP mil to JJ and another investor. This does tend to be at odds with the fact that I can't see the person who staked him for the event in the first place allowing him to do that, but that is the current bit of gossip.

The thing that annoys me about the JJ thing is that there is a group of people who know about all of the crap that he does, and yet no one will out him.In terms of the FTP Mil win, afaik the current rumor is that he sold his account when he was deep in the FTP mil to JJ and another investor. This does tend to be at odds with the fact that I can't see the person who staked him for the event in the first place allowing him to do that, but that is the current bit of gossip.
Is that against FTP rules?
Yeah, all of it is pretty sickening. The really sick part is that Imp's name is mentioned with these current rumors, which is kind of sad if true.
ignoring the fact that he scammed zimmer for a second, it just seems almost unfathomable that you could win two million dollar majors in consecutive weeks without some kind of 'help'... i saw GWC (I think) post it in another thread and although I don't know SlippyJacks I just find that to be very shady, and given the fact that he DID scam zimmer in the past it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for him to do something of that nature
Wait...this dude was the guy that scammed Zim? WTF??? He should be thrown over the coals for this. In my eyes scamming somene out of money is much worse than a zeejustin type thing, and he's ostracized forever it seems like.Mark
Is that against FTP rules?
FTP is so unclear about collusion and actual prevention of it (it is an area that they are super-weak, especially compared to PokerStars), so I am unsure of whether or not it is against FTP rules. At best, it isn't something that anyone would want their name to be associated with.
Yeah, all of it is pretty sickening. The really sick part is that Imp's name is mentioned with these current rumors, which is kind of sad if true.
I specifically didn't mention his name in my op, but yes, as far as I know, his is the name that is being tossed around as the second investor. It really sucks, because Imp is one guy that I always thought was squeaky clean when it comes to online poker. I have literally zero proof that such a transaction occurred, just the words of several people that I trust a fair amount tell me that it is the rumor that it happened.
Ya, From everything I have heard about this guy he is a scumbag and should not be promoted.
Pretty much. The super disappointing part to me is the fact that people that have a fair amount of respect in the poker world (TravestyFund, Durrr, etc) have been standing behind him when it has been made clear that he is at best a mediocre person. It really tilted me when TF hopped in and accused Zim of being a dick in the 2p2 thread that Zim started *AFTER* Vaughan had stated, and I quote, "When you stake someone, this is the risk you take. This happened years ago, and I was definitely going to lose and that is just how it happened." There really isn't much I could say that would ever justify treating people in such a crappy fashion.
so no one believes that chris vaughn could of possibly won both sunday majors single handedly? is that the allegation..
No, the allegation is that he sold his account deep in the Sunday Mil on FTP.
Wait...this dude was the guy that scammed Zim? WTF??? He should be thrown over the coals for this. In my eyes scamming somene out of money is much worse than a zeejustin type thing, and he's ostracized forever it seems like.Mark
Go read the 2p2 thread-basically a bunch of the legit players jumped the gun and hopped on Zim before even thinking. It is super disappointing to me that this occurred, though I may be quite biased since Zim is a good friend of mine, it seems to me like that most of them were all out of line. Chris is going to continue getting stakes and acquiring friends because he seems like a nice and entertaining guy, who will always be able to find people in the poker world looking for people like him to befriend. Kind of crappy imo.
I specifically didn't mention his name in my op, but yes, as far as I know, his is the name that is being tossed around as the second investor. It really sucks, because Imp is one guy that I always thought was squeaky clean when it comes to online poker. I have literally zero proof that such a transaction occurred, just the words of several people that I trust a fair amount tell me that it is the rumor that it happened.
Yeah, its funny that Sorel has been able to maintain that squeaky clean image especially considering his "closeness" to JJ. I guess in the end we really shouldn't be surprised if it is true. I dunno, I think I just tend to believe that are far less scumbags out there than there really are and that people want to do the right thing.
Yeah, its funny that Sorel has been able to maintain that squeaky clean image especially considering his "closeness" to JJ. I guess in the end we really shouldn't be surprised if it is true. I dunno, I think I just tend to believe that are far less scumbags out there than there really are and that people want to do the right thing.
It blows me away that noone is ever suspicious of Imperium even though he calls JJProdigy his mentor and is obviously very close to him. I mean comon now. Also, does JJ still play online? And if so, as I assume everyone figures that he does, what accounts are suspected of being his?
Also, does JJ still play online? And if so, as I assume everyone figures that he does, what accounts are suspected of being his?
You hear SN's thrown around occasionally but I don't know of any that have been substantiated as him playing regularly. There have also been tons of rumors of those accounts he has bought late in big Sunday tournaments.

can some one pls post link where douche bags are jumping all over zim for outing that scum bag pls ??as much as i love internet poker/mtts this type of shit always pisses me off .. i try and play my ass off daily to learn and get better using what money i have and all these goofs are buying acounts and taking out ppl that might of had a chance to win if it was some average guy playing that wlda made a few late mistakes that us novice tourny players make , but instead its some tourny "pro" that buys the acount and takes out the ppl like me and others that finally got a run of luck and had a chance to win .. disugsting is all i can say !

can some one pls post link where douche bags are jumping all over zim for outing that scum bag pls ??as much as i love internet poker/mtts this type of shit always pisses me off .. i try and play my ass off daily to learn and get better using what money i have and all these goofs are buying acounts and taking out ppl that might of had a chance to win if it was some average guy playing that wlda made a few late mistakes that us novice tourny players make , but instead its some tourny "pro" that buys the acount and takes out the ppl like me and others that finally got a run of luck and had a chance to win .. disugsting is all i can say !
The link to the 2+2 thread is in here somewhere...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...67467&st=40

ok found link ty rdog . wow zimmer you took that very mature , i mean fuk travesty funds and all his "friends" for jumping on you like that you did the right thing you outed a person that is a pos and now he has money and knows a few mtt regulars he will be exhonerated<sp> from all this. buncha bs i say i mean of course there gnna take a friends side but whats right is right and whats wrong is wrong

Yeah, I do hear you on that. I think a large part of Sorel's image comes from the fact that he has to travel the live circuit-you really can't go around and be screwing a lot of the people on the circuit and screw numerous people and be able to maintain a good image.
It blows me away that noone is ever suspicious of Imperium even though he calls JJProdigy his mentor and is obviously very close to him. I mean comon now. Also, does JJ still play online? And if so, as I assume everyone figures that he does, what accounts are suspected of being his?
You hear SN's thrown around occasionally but I don't know of any that have been substantiated as him playing regularly. There have also been tons of rumors of those accounts he has bought late in big Sunday tournaments.
He's definitely playing right now, although I wouldn't have a clue as to who exactly he is.The bigger "problem", per se, is the buying of accounts and whatnot. Plus, there is the fact that of the ranked players on P5s, he is staking/playing for several of them when they get deep in tourneys.
It's only disgusting when the sites make it clear that buying accounts is wrong. I honestly think that this is one thing that would be greatly greatly helped by regulation.
He's definitely playing right now, although I wouldn't have a clue as to who exactly he is.The bigger "problem", per se, is the buying of accounts and whatnot. Plus, there is the fact that of the ranked players on P5s, he is staking/playing for several of them when they get deep in tourneys.It's only disgusting when the sites make it clear that buying accounts is wrong. I honestly think that this is one thing that would be greatly greatly helped by regulation.
Yeah, my best guess is he jumps accounts often so people don't start catching on to someone consistently crushing. Once it came out that he "might" have several accounts ranked, he probably found better ways to stay undetected.I do disagree that what they are doing is not illegal under the sites rules. "Buying the account" might not be strictly prohibited on Full Tilt (although it is on Stars now after AJ bought that account late and won the Mill) but playing multiple accounts in the same tourney is and I highly doubt he didn't play another account earlier.
Yeah, my best guess is he jumps accounts often so people don't start catching on to someone consistently crushing. Once it came out that he "might" have several accounts ranked, he probably found better ways to stay undetected.I do disagree that what they are doing is not illegal under the sites rules. "Buying the account" might not be strictly prohibited on Full Tilt (although it is on Stars now after AJ bought that account late and won the Mill) but playing multiple accounts in the same tourney is and I highly doubt he didn't play another account earlier.
Pretty much.I really dislike the fact that there is an entire group of players who have been compromised by what he has done. I think the most flagrant example was Plattsburgh playing the FTOPS in his hotel room at TS, getting deep, being on the phone with JJ and making every move that JJ told him to, and using that to beat his Vegas roommate Menlo without Menlo knowing what was going on.
I really dislike the fact that there is an entire group of players who have been compromised by what he has done. I think the most flagrant example was Plattsburgh playing the FTOPS in his hotel room at TS, getting deep, being on the phone with JJ and making every move that JJ told him to, and using that to beat his Vegas roommate Menlo without Menlo knowing what was going on.
Especially since Platts would have never had the balls to play a hand like he did to determine both their fates at the final table. Yeah, I worry about the future of the game online just because nothing can be done about much of these things.
Especially since Platts would have never had the balls to play a hand like he did to determine both their fates at the final table. Yeah, I worry about the future of the game online just because nothing can be done about much of these things.
I think regulation is the key.
  • 4 weeks later...
It would appear that previous allegations are now at least more well founded. 2p2