Flopped Straight, Gross Turn/river

No info on villain.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t1655)UTG (t3860)UTG+1 (t915)MP1 (t1390)MP2 (t1000)MP3 (t2020)CO (t1230)Button (t1470)SB (t1460)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qheart.gif, 9diamond.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t20, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t80) Jdiamond.gif, Tclub.gif, 8heart.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets t40, UTG+1 calls t40, MP2 calls t40, SB folds.Turn: (t200) Tdiamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets t120, UTG+1 calls t120, MP2 calls t120.River: (t560) 8spade.gif(3 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t280, MP2 folds, Hero ???

No info on villain.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t1655)UTG (t3860)UTG+1 (t915)MP1 (t1390)MP2 (t1000)MP3 (t2020)CO (t1230)Button (t1470)SB (t1460)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qheart.gif, 9diamond.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t20, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t80) Jdiamond.gif, Tclub.gif, 8heart.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets t40, UTG+1 calls t40, MP2 calls t40, SB folds.Turn: (t200) Tdiamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets t120, UTG+1 calls t120, MP2 calls t120.River: (t560) 8spade.gif(3 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t280, MP2 folds, Hero ???
well you have two choices, call or fold. and I know you are making a crying call everytime. so what kind of input are you looking for
well you have two choices, call or fold. and I know you are making a crying call everytime. so what kind of input are you looking for
Something a little better than what you just gave me...

I think your bet sizes are inadequate.60 or 80 on the flop should get more value, as would 160 on the turn.Slightly bigger bet on the river and I'd fold, slightly smaller and I'd call. I don't really know, I probably call because I'm a POW.

I think your bet sizes are inadequate.60 or 80 on the flop should get more value, as would 160 on the turn.Slightly bigger bet on the river and I'd fold, slightly smaller and I'd call. I don't really know, I probably call because I'm a POW.
With a J-high flop I didn't want to scare everyone off with a 60/80 chip bet, but I think you're right about the turn. Assuming someone connected with the flop in some way, I should have stopped messing around when the T fell on the turn. Someone either just picked up trips with a good draw to a boat, or 2P with a mediocre draw to a boat.Does anyone throw out a bet on the river?
With a J-high flop I didn't want to scare everyone off with a 60/80 chip bet, but I think you're right about the turn. Assuming someone connected with the flop in some way, I should have stopped messing around when the T fell on the turn. Someone either just picked up trips with a good draw to a boat, or 2P with a mediocre draw to a boat.Does anyone throw out a bet on the river?
Draw heavy flop, I definately bet more on the flop. Let them make bigger mistakes. The turn requires a bigger bet as well. As for the river, the only reason to bet would be to try to see a cheap showdown. I think you fold the river. When villian wakes up raising on the river he either lost his mind or has you crushed. AJ won't bet that river, overpairs would have spoke sooner. Villain have 78 or 89?
Does anyone throw out a bet on the river?
I wouldn't bet the river at gunpoint.Seriously, what draw is bluffing the river that we can catch? KQ? Someone going backdoor diamonds? 2 guys followed you to the river with something. Someone has a ten or an eight, period. It's actually more likely for someone to have either a ten or an eight than for both of them to have a jack.This is such a "I'm 95% beat here", that I would fold this in *limit*.I still <3 you tho man. Oh, and lol @ everyone saying he needs to bet more. He flopped the nuts on a rainbow board playing low stakes, whats he supposed to do, bet pot? He put quality money that was paid x3 on the two streets he was ahead and got out cheap (hopefully) when a nightmare river card came out.

Cap, what does it mean to say that you less-than-3 me?

Draw heavy flop, I definately bet more on the flop. Let them make bigger mistakes. The turn requires a bigger bet as well. As for the river, the only reason to bet would be to try to see a cheap showdown.
It's not really draw heavy - there is no flush draw and I've flopped the nut straight, so I'm not worried about a draw on the flop. At that point my only concern is how to extract the most money. When the turn paired things got a bit more dicey. Dicey turned to minced when the river paired again.Anyway, I did fold and Villain quickly flashed his cards. All I saw was the 8. That's all I needed to see.
Cap, what does it mean to say that you less-than-3 me?It's not really draw heavy - there is no flush draw and I've flopped the nut straight, so I'm not worried about a draw on the flop. At that point my only concern is how to extract the most money. When the turn paired things got a bit more dicey. Dicey turned to minced when the river paired again.Anyway, I did fold and Villain quickly flashed his cards. All I saw was the 8. That's all I needed to see.
I see what you mean about no flush draw, my real point is that lot of preflop holdings will connect with that type of flop. If villian has an eight you want to make him pay to chase you down. Extract the max when you are ahead and villian has a 2nd best hand.Nice laydown at the end.