5-10 Nl Hold At The Bike 10/14

Set mining is really the only way to play small-medium PP PF against a maniac. How else would you expect to hit a monster flop?
Not when you have to put so much money in preflop.
Not when you have to put so much money in preflop.
This is the point.Also, it's not the only way. Just the only way to confidently put money in against the maniac
You only reraised $150? Does that seem small to anyone else but me? You said he'd put a few hundred without blinking an eye, why would a raise of $150 scare him off of anything?Tom.
This stuck out. You already know that if you're going to tangle with this player, its going to be fireworks.Make a raise to $400-$500 total.I've read your previous post in regards to the bike, and I see a pattern in regards to your weak raises.I say, go back to the $5-$5 game.
The statement above is 100% correct. I don't want to make a huge reraise PF and commit myself to a hand like AK especially out of position.
You're out of position. I personally like to raise it even LARGER when oop in order to pick up the pot right their, or get it heads up.And in regards to not wanting to play a big pot, with ak, oop I recommend folding oop then. why play it?And whoever mentioned that this weakish raise, is to avoid "scaring" this lag. wow. r u 4real? That comment makes no sense. what r we trying to archive here then?if we wanted that, then doesn't it make sense to simply call the raise, and c/c like a weak/tightish nit? lol