Intersting River That Counterfeitted My Nut Lo

Absolute PokerLimit Omaha Ring gameLimit: $2/$49 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with :D :D :):D UTG calls, 3 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: :) :) :D (5SB, 5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, 3 folds, UTG calls.Turn: :club: (3.5BB, 2 players)UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls.River: :icon_dance: (7.5BB, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.Results:Final pot: 7.5BBcan i get myself to bet??? I think that was a terrible check.

I can't imagine he's betting a low hand on the turn. I would be fine with a river bet.It folds out some really ugly lows that kill half the pot. I think we're ahead enough on the high side, and betting might drive out an ugly low + random draw that missed that would take half, but wouldn't call a river bet.

• 2 weeks later...

another reason why you could have bet the 5th street was you raised on the 4th. not saying you wont get called to scoop, but you cant win it all by checking.

b/f the river against 90% of opponents. bet/call the other 10%. note how the bet part is for 100% of opponents :club:.i also don't mind trying to c/r the flop and get 8 billion dollaz in there.

The river was definitely a fine place to value bet. With UTG ch/ca the flop, betting on the 10, and checking on the 3.. he missed crub frush and he would've bet on the river with 3 10s or 3 Ks ... bad luck if he hit a goofy straight... :club: