PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP1 (t9138)MP2 (t17851)CO (t10165)Hero (t12069)SB (t13621)BB (t14656)UTG (t16746)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :D , 3 :club: . 4 folds, Hero ?SB and BB are both TAG. I believe I was 11th out of 20 at this point, with about 11 - 12 people left in the tourney at or about my stack level. 18 Pay, real money is top 3 though.

This is more a question of overall playing style and aims so it depends.Personaly i'm more likely to raise in this situation because the blinds are pretty big and the SB and BB aren't looking to go all in(though this may be a bad thing as they have chips to call a raise with). However, with 20 left and 18 payed, they may be playing a bit tighter than usual so i think this is a good spot to get some chips.

This is more a question of overall playing style and aims so it depends.Personaly i'm more likely to raise in this situation because the blinds are pretty big and the SB and BB aren't looking to go all in(though this may be a bad thing as they have chips to call a raise with). However, with 20 left and 18 payed, they may be playing a bit tighter than usual so i think this is a good spot to get some chips.
i agree, but if your raising you have to shove... you cant afford to make it 3k and then fold to a shove.This actually seems like a super easy shove since your on the bubble and you've said both your opponents are tag

i think you might have one more fold in you if you raise something like 3k and get moved in on. the other option is smooth calling the button and using your position after the flop. A lot of people are very suspicious of the smooth call and min raise on the bubble...because you are inviting action and you wouldn't be inviting action unless you had a big hand would you ? :club: its not something i do often but its a play you can use to get chips and bail from with more of your stack intact if something goes wrong.

i think you might have one more fold in you if you raise something like 3k and get moved in on. the other option is smooth calling the button and using your position after the flop. A lot of people are very suspicious of the smooth call and min raise on the bubble...because you are inviting action and you wouldn't be inviting action unless you had a big hand would you ? :club: its not something i do often but its a play you can use to get chips and bail from with more of your stack intact if something goes wrong.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts on playing this after I played it lol. Just curious if anyone advocates folding here?
raising 25% of your stack and folding is pretty bad... if i were the BB and u opened to 3k i would shove a wide range because we are on the bubble and i think i can get u to fold a lot. open shoving > folding > raise/folding
raising 25% of your stack and folding is pretty bad... if i were the BB and u opened to 3k i would shove a wide range because we are on the bubble and i think i can get u to fold a lot. open shoving > folding > raise/folding
The point is: the majority of hands their reraising you with have you dominated. I'm going to assume any hands they reraise here with, they would call with. So instead of bubbling, you lose 3000. Obviously most of the time, I'm assuming I take the pot down uncontested, making the raise to 3000 still an +EV play.
The point is: the majority of hands their reraising you with have you dominated. I'm going to assume any hands they reraise here with, they would call with. So instead of bubbling, you lose 3000. Obviously most of the time, I'm assuming I take the pot down uncontested, making the raise to 3000 still an +EV play.
well it seems we disagree on this spot. This isnt a SNG so cashing isnt #1, we need to play for the win, and raising 25% of your stack and then folding is killing out equity of winning.

Agreed. I'm saying from a sorely cEV point of view, if I'm shoved against, I'd need to be about 40% to call against his range, which I figure I wouldn't be if he does shove. It's basically just a back door in case I'm up against a strong hand in the blinds. I'm risking 25% of my stack in order to add about 15% on to my stack, which I assume will happen most of the time. The odd time I'm shoved against, I'll let go of the hand because I'd figure I'd be way behind. Overall its a +EV play, and I THINK moreso than just shoving and hoping for the best. I'm assuming both plays are +EV, just the raise to 3000 and fold to a shove might be slightly moreso. I'd appreciate thoughts on this thinking though.