nlhe sng bankroll part 2

I had a poll on the last post and I had 4 people post, with 4 different answers. Needless to say it wasnt much help. How many times the buy-in is sufficient for a SNG bankroll? This way I can see who actually selected a number and if you want to explain why that would be nice too. I appreciate the input. :club:

20-30 buy-ins. 25 would be my pick.enough to withstand a bad streak, especially when you move up.aseem

20-30 buy-ins. 25 would be my pick.enough to withstand a bad streak, especially when you move up.aseem
I was going to say 30 to stay on the safe side. Really it depends on how much you want to gamble, but if you're trying to follow a good BR management plan 25-30 is a good number.

I just finished a loosing streak of 18 in a row. My worst streak ever. Hard on the bankroll. My previous streak was 12. I normally average cashing about 2 out of 5. On the other hand before I began this last streak, I cashed in 7 out of 9. Including 2 firsts and 3 seconds. So it runs both ways.I would have a minimum of 20 but 30 would be better.

I just finished a loosing streak of 18 in a row. My worst streak ever. Hard on the bankroll. My previous streak was 12. I normally average cashing about 2 out of 5. On the other hand before I began this last streak, I cashed in 7 out of 9. Including 2 firsts and 3 seconds. So it runs both ways.I would have a minimum of 20 but 30 would be better.
Ouch! Do you drop limits once this happens?
For a while there this past week, I was 19/27 on placing. Then I recently went on a terrible streak...3/15. Funny how when you're running hot, it seems like it's impossible to go on a bad streak.Oh, and I'm playing 20 and/or 30 with a $700 bankroll. Not sure if I'm playing above my head...but I've built it up from $300 a couple weeks ago.
Ouch! Do you drop limits once this happens?
I usually play $8 and $16 2 table games at Pacific and I mix in an occasional $30 guarantee $30K. I also dabble a little at Party. No I haven't dropped down yet. I have learned that if I am on a bad streak I move from my tight/aggressive play for tournament to a more lose approach, that is a big leak that I need to plug. Kind of like a mini tilt that helps perpetuate the streak.

Keeping stats has helped me a lot in S&G play, and here is my philosophy to avoid going on tilt during a losing streak.According to my stats at 5.50$, i make about 2.50$/tourney (almost 50% ROI). Well, after I played about 50 tourneys at this level, i knew this was substainable rate. That said, I expect in the long run to make x amount of profit/tourney. So, in this case, if I played 10 tourneys, I'd make 25$. So, instead of telling yourself I have a losing streak, or a winning streak, you tell yourself, I played 2 tourneys tonight, I made 5$, wheter you won both, or lost both, you made 5$ profit, not -10, not +40.This way, you never get too high and never get too low. So now I've gone up to 10$ tourneys. I wanted to get to 300$ before going to this level, and at one point I looked at my stats, and I needed approximately 30 tourneys to get there. Well, you know what, it took me 28 tourneys. Like DN said in one of his articles, play hours, not results. Hope it helps!

Keep in mind that it's not all about BR managment, you have to be able to win constantly in your limit. I moved from 20+2 to 30+3 and I wasn't doing remotely as good as I did before, so I swolloed my pride and went back to the lower limts.