Sattelite Hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG+1 (t945)MP1 (t4680)MP2 (t1210)MP3 (t6000)Hero (t4205)Button (t4172)SB (t2040)BB (t8811)UTG (t3885)Preflop: Hero is CO with 4spade.gif, 4club.gif. 2 folds, MP1 calls t200, 2 folds, Hero calls t200, Button calls t200, 1 fold, BB checks.Flop: (t900) 6diamond.gif, 5heart.gif, 2spade.gif(4 players)BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets t200, BB folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises to t800, Button calls t600.Turn: (t2500) 7spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.River: (t2500) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t1600, Button raises to t3172, Hero folds.Final Pot: t57002.20 sat to the sunday grand, 60 people left, 30 pay, i'm about 25th with no reads on the villain.Should i have bet the turn after raising on the flop? The min bet after being checked to here strikes me as a really bad bluff attempt of a really weak hand which i can get him off.After being called on the flop i decided to let him have it if he bet, he didn't, and so with a card i thought was harmless on the i played the hand through in my head and decided this guy probably had too weak overcards like QT or something, i guess i was wrong.

Satellite= Pots without resistance > Ending tourney on a hunch.Don't hate limp pre-flop (don't love either).Don't like flop raise. Stop and go on turn better. Flop bet is likely looking for a call, not depending on 3 ppl to fold. Your hand is likely dead to 4 outs at this point (3's), as hitting your 2 outer for a set would put a 4 card straight on the board. You aren't even semi-bluffing at this point. You'd hand would be more live if it was magically overcards.Hate river bet after turn check. Worse hand lays down, anything ahead of you does exactly what happened, and you are now pot-committed. Fold here hurts image, makes stealing harder. Calling here is bad, we aren't ahead nearly enough to make this profitable and we are losing a ton of equity.

I dont mind the limp preflop because the blinds have good stacks and so does the MP limper. Hit your set and youve probably "won" the tournament. Youre giving up 2/3 M when your M>10, so I think its worth the gamble. BUT, its set or fold. You dont have the stack to dick around with anything that isnt the near nuts. Check/fold the flop.