Mustangs 2007-2008

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustangs vs Swackers this evening...Once again the schedule is not kind to us..Here is the lineupPaul Kariya...St Louis...OT Dustin Penner...Edmonton Chuck Kobasew...Boston Daniel Cleary....Detroit David Moss.....Calgary David Kresji....Boston Chris Chelios...Detroit Scott Hannan....Colorado Robyn Regehr...Calgary Empty Detroit GoaliesSWACKERSF Daymond Langkow, CAL (OT) F Jay McClement, STL F Martin Straka, NYR F Jere Lehtinen, DAL F Michal Handzus, LA F EMPTY D Sheldon Souray, EDM D Jaroslav Modry, LA D Mattais Ohlund, VAN D Marek Malik, NYR G NY Rangers

Ok..where to start...We are 1-5...However the Mustangs are not a 1-5 team..Injuries have played a part in it with Wellwood and Avery out. However also slow starts from Gionta and Afinogenov have not helped either..My defence we knew going in would be bad, however they are obviously better than the numbers show..Also my goaltending took a couple of bad beats with a no goalie night and a 5 goal effort my New Jersey...Signing Sundin has obviously looked good as he has more pts than Sakic and Jagr and is looking like a 100pt season is not out of the question..Look for the Mustangs to bounce back..its only 6 games out of 82..I am not worried yet.

PRESS RELEASEMustangs owner Serge B has announced a press conference for Thursday morning at 9am. It is expected the Mustangs will make a major announcement regarding their team.There is a lot of speculation on what Serge will announce, however team insiders are keeping very quite. Stay tuned this could be big.

PRESS RELEASEMustangs owner Serge B has announced a press conference for Thursday morning at 9am. It is expected the Mustangs will make a major announcement regarding their team.There is a lot of speculation on what Serge will announce, however team insiders are keeping very quite. Stay tuned this could be big.
Rumour in the hockey world is that serge will confirm his engagement to Yolanda Ballard..
Rumour in the hockey world is that serge will confirm his engagement to Yolanda Ballard..
as the beat writer covering the AHL , i might give you first crack at a sitdown interview after the conference...however there is a fee of $1000...If not there are 3 others interested..Howard BergerBob MckownAndy Frostyou have till Thursday to decide.
as the beat writer covering the AHL , i might give you first crack at a sitdown interview after the conference...however there is a fee of $1000...If not there are 3 others interested..Howard BergerBob MckownAndy Frostyou have till Thursday to decide.
I'll pass..... Oh, and Berger pay ANYTHING? never....McCowan? Leaf hater that he is? Doubtful, especially if you spell his name wrong..Andy Frost? Just talked to him this morning, he didn't seem to know who you were...
I'll pass..... Oh, and Berger pay ANYTHING? never....McCowan? Leaf hater that he is? Doubtful, especially if you spell his name wrong..Andy Frost? Just talked to him this morning, he didn't seem to know who you were...
by the way here is a story that might interest you...About 10 years ago i won a very nice prize from the Hockey News.I was one of the half season winners in their hockey pool and won a trip to Philadelphia all expenses paid to watch the Leafs play...On our flight there I happened to be sitting next to Howard Berger...He was an interesting man to talk to, and we got off the plane Jim Ralph was also there and it was like in high school the cool kid(ralph) ignoring the nerd(berger)...It was really funny...by the way me winning that pool from the hockey news makes me officially up in all my fantasy hockey pools...the prize was worth probably about $1500...

Press conference is on....rumours are that the owner Serge will make a "earth shattering" move or promise...This can get interesting.

Wow...Maxime Talbot with his 4th goal...He has just made the top 6 of the Mustangs until further notice.

That seems kinda sad, as much as I like Mad Max.
Has scored 4 goals since he has gone with the FU MAN CHU mustache.

Mustangs would like to announce the addition of the following players to our squad..Both forwards from the Anaheim Ducks...Drew Millerand Petteri Wirtanen...Mustangs releasePetteri NummelinRory Fitzpatrick

MUSTANGS PRESS RELEASEMustangs owner Serge B made the following statement from his home in Pickering on Thursday morning."There has been a lot of speculation on the start of the season by the Mustangs. I am here to say that we are very happy with the current makeup of the team and we will not be making any wholesale changes. We are expecting one of our top players Kyle Wellwood back this week which will add a huge boost to our offense. We are looking to make some minor moves to add a defenceman however overall we are happy with our squad. Also I will GUARANTEE that the Mustangs will win their next 3 games in the schedule. This guarantee has never been done by another owner in professional sports. If the Mustangs dont win the next 3 games on the AHL schedule, I personally will issue an apology to every owner in the AHL, in writing(hand written). I will no longer boast about my team and will humbly accept the demise of my team. However if we win the next 3 games like I GUARANTEE the other owners will see how serious we are and should really be scared of this franchise."Serge went onto ridicule the rest of the AHL and challenged them to step up their games.

Mustangs next 3 games:Thursday, October 18th vs BanditsSaturday, October 20th vs Canadian Gothic (Mustangs are 0-1 vs Gothic this season)Tuesday, October 23rd vs Legend Killers

MUSTANGS GUARANTEED WIN NIGHT LEG 1Mats Sundin...Toronto..OT Brian Gionta...New Jersey Dustin Penner....Edmonton Chuck Kobasew...Boston Daniel Clear......Detroit David Moss......Calgary Robyn Regehr...Calgary Chris Chelios....Detroit Andy Wozniewski...Toronto Josh Gorges........Montreal Detroit GoaltendingvsBandits(aka Blackdraft)TRAVIS ZAJAC NJ OT STEPHEN WEISS FLA NICKLAS BACKSTROM WSH JOE PAVELSKI SJ PASCAL DUPRIS ATL (this player is being protested as it was an illegal pickup)BOYD DEVEREAUX TOR D ANDY GREENE NJ MIKE KOMESERIK MTL RICHIE REGEHR CLG ANTON VOLCHEENKOV OTT G WASHINGTON

MUSTANGS GUARANTEED WIN NIGHT LEG 1Mats Sundin...Toronto..OT Brian Gionta...New Jersey Dustin Penner....Edmonton Chuck Kobasew...Boston Daniel Clear......Detroit David Moss......Calgary Robyn Regehr...Calgary Chris Chelios....Detroit Andy Wozniewski...Toronto Josh Gorges........Montreal Detroit GoaltendingvsBandits(aka Blackdraft)TRAVIS ZAJAC NJ OT STEPHEN WEISS FLA NICKLAS BACKSTROM WSH JOE PAVELSKI SJ PASCAL DUPRIS ATL (this player is being protested as it was an illegal pickup)BOYD DEVEREAUX TOR D ANDY GREENE NJ MIKE KOMESERIK MTL RICHIE REGEHR CLG ANTON VOLCHEENKOV OTT G WASHINGTON
You're in tough Serge. Dupuis isn't on the Bandits' roster, Devereaux is injured and Richie Regehr isn't with Calgary.

but somehow Washington will get a shutout and Detroit give up 7 goals to make it close..not worried about Leg 1 and Leg 2(againsts you)Leg 3 Should be Wellwood's debut....Mustangs Record after Guaranteed 3 wins..4-5.....Better than the Gothic