Mustangs 2007-2008

I model myself after the current Leafs franchise..We are mediocre to great...If they start "rebuilding" then I might too...But I am happy with the current state of events in Mustangs land...
That's the saddest thing I ever heard in my life. Pattern yourself over the worst run franchise in the NHL, ya that's a good idea? I'm not going to even care for a second about this Leaf team until they make some major changes.
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustangs are proud to announce the following trade..Mustangs get superstar defenceman Bryan Mccabein exchange forBrian Gionta, 2008 4th round pick, 2009 4th round pickThanks

Mustangs are proud to announce the following trade..Mustangs get superstar defenceman Bryan Mccabein exchange forBrian Gionta, 2008 4th round pick, 2009 4th round pickThanks
LOL...Horrible!
roflcopter... so much for getting McCabe + ? for Gionta... I think that's the definition of selling low.
That's the saddest thing I ever heard in my life. Pattern yourself over the worst run franchise in the NHL, ya that's a good idea? I'm not going to even care for a second about this Leaf team until they make some major changes.
Daniel..I am sure with your busy schedule you dont get to watch a lot of Leafs games...If you did, you would see that this team is very talented...They have played some amazing games ie last Saturday against Ottawa..Also have played some stinkers..The talent is there, the youth is there....What major changes could they make...??Dump Mccabe and Kubina??This is the first one that Leaf bashers bring up..What do you think they could get, also to dump salary it would also cost them a young guy like Steen or Stajan...The team is fine and they will go far this year.
explain horrible?Wow??you guys are clueless...I made a great trade
You traded a 28 year old goal scorer who is signed for $1.00 for this season and for each of the next 4 years for a 32 year old d-man who makes $0.75 this season but will be getting a raise next season. And you also gave up 2 draft picks!Yes, you do have the worst defense in the league and adding McCabe will improve your D. However, giving up Gionta and two draft picks will more than counter any improvement McCabe will give you.This is a typical bandaid move and truly illustrates how you do model your team after the Leafs. You would have been better off trading Gionta for a young quality d-man. Sure, a young quality d-man may not help you as much now as McCabe will but your team is not competitive now and the way you're going it won't be anytime soon. I've said too much.Obviously you will disagree with everything I've said.
You traded a 28 year old goal scorer who is signed for $1.00 for this season and for each of the next 4 years for a 32 year old d-man who makes $0.75 this season but will be getting a raise next season. And you also gave up 2 draft picks!Yes, you do have the worst defense in the league and adding McCabe will improve your D. However, giving up Gionta and two draft picks will more than counter any improvement McCabe will give you.This is a typical bandaid move and truly illustrates how you do model your team after the Leafs. You would have been better off trading Gionta for a young quality d-man. Sure, a young quality d-man may not help you as much now as McCabe will but your team is not competitive now and the way you're going it won't be anytime soon. I've said too much.Obviously you will disagree with everything I've said.
How typical that Gionta was a useless one year wonder player when he was on my team but now he is great...Picking up cheap dman that can score are very rare in our pool...but what would you know...i am not happy right now so I cant type anymore....The leafs have me depressed tonight
2 draft picks???
yes 2 4th round draft picks..I have talked to 3 owners today and they all said I made a great trade Serge is to Brian Burkewhat Dale is to minor bantam stick boy.
How typical that Gionta was a useless one year wonder player when he was on my team but now he is great...Picking up cheap dman that can score are very rare in our pool...but what would you know...i am not happy right now so I cant type anymore....The leafs have me depressed tonight
I can almost guarantee that I never called Gionta useless, but if I influenced you in any way to make this horrible trade then I am twice as happy.Yes, cheap d-men who can score are very rare in this league. McCabe should lead you to 4th place in the division for the next 3 or 4 years.Scoring forwards who are signed for only $1 for 4 years are also rare.The Mustangs just get worse and worse. :club:
yes 2 4th round draft picks..I have talked to 3 owners today and they all said I made a great trade Serge is to Brian Burkewhat Dale is to minor bantam stick boy.
Let me guess...you and the two GMs of the Purple Hearts?LMAO

Whatever.....You should see the two other trades that are about to happen...And by the way...you are the only person in the pool that thinks its a horrible trade..why because your managerial skills are at the kindergarden stage...

Whatever.....You should see the two other trades that are about to happen...And by the way...you are the only person in the pool that thinks its a horrible trade..why because your managerial skills are at the kindergarden stage...
Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Typical situation as just in the Leafs game I would of had 4.5 goals tonight...Chuck Kobasew just like I predicted last year is showing the superstar that he is...Kobasew scored 20 goals in his second year and then suffered some injuries..However with a new team in Boston it looks like he will be the 40 goal scorer I predicted he would be...We would also like to welcome Bryan Mccabe officially to the greatest franchise in the AHL...Mccabe not only plays for Gods team, but also the greatest AHL franchise now..He had expressed his interest to join our team long ago...The Mustangs are also working on several deals at the moment, looking to add another top 4 dman and a big name scorer...Mustangs 3rd comfortably in a playoff spot..Gothic LAST just like last year and just like the next 19 years..

Typical situation as just in the Leafs game I would of had 4.5 goals tonight...Chuck Kobasew just like I predicted last year is showing the superstar that he is...Kobasew scored 20 goals in his second year and then suffered some injuries..However with a new team in Boston it looks like he will be the 40 goal scorer I predicted he would be...We would also like to welcome Bryan Mccabe officially to the greatest franchise in the AHL...Mccabe not only plays for Gods team, but also the greatest AHL franchise now..He had expressed his interest to join our team long ago...The Mustangs are also working on several deals at the moment, looking to add another top 4 dman and a big name scorer...Mustangs 3rd comfortably in a playoff spot..Gothic LAST just like last year and just like the next 19 years..
You want to put money on this or just continue to blow smoke out your ass?Still waiting for your offer for Pronger and/or Brind'Amour.
You want to put money on this or just continue to blow smoke out your ass?Still waiting for your offer for Pronger and/or Brind'Amour.
Offer sent for Pronger..on ahl forum