Micro Limit 08b Donkfest

Like the 5th hand into the ol' $1.10 O8B FL MTT donkfest on Stars, so no reads (other than 3/4 of this table is probably wondering why they are being dealt 4 cards). My flop bet is arguable, my turn call is really bad, but only for one bet. My main question is hitting really the only card (besides a 2 or a 4) that even remotely salvages my hand. How do you play this river, assuming you were "running with the donks" all the way to get there?PokerStars (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9 :D , 3 :club: , A :D , 4 :D . SB posts a blind of 10. UTG calls, Hero raises, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, SB (poster) calls, BB calls, UTG calls. pot =280Flop: 4 :) , T :D , 2 :)(7 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, CO raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls. pot = 580Turn: 3 :)(5 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls. pot = 780River: 5 :icon_dance:(5 players)SB bets, Hero calls, MP2 raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls. Total pot = 1180Final Pot:

I would just call take my small profit from the 1/4 of the pot that you get and move on. I figure CO has naked trips, MP2 hit the wheel as well and the SB has the flush. Being pretty positive someone else would have the lo as well I don't see how anything other than a call would be the correct play....IMHO

raise the river when it gets back to you the second time. 5 people in the pot you don't need to be right all that often.
Normally I would agree with this: as long as there are not 3 or more of you with nut low, you make money. Problem here is that there could easily be 5 lows, and almost certainly you are against Aws and A35, so you are most likely losing money with each new bet.
Normally I would agree with this: as long as there are not 3 or more of you with nut low, you make money. Problem here is that there could easily be 5 lows, and almost certainly you are against Aws and A35, so you are most likely losing money with each new bet.
but you also have two pair for hi.
but you also have two pair for hi.
And how is that relevant when Hero, and probably 3 others, have a wheel straight? :club:

Ok here's the punchline:I was the only one who showed a qualified low, even with all that river calling. So yeah, I missed some bets there, split it down the middle with a hi-flush. These play *that* crazy. The obvious question is: 4 players is the rough cutoff for having being quartered still be profitable, correct? Obviously with all the players involved and 4 wheel cards on the board, I was actually more worried about getting 1/6 than 1/4, hence the river flat-call. The early stages of these is just an absolutely gold mine of dead money, but you, of course, find yourself in a ton of marginal situations like this. I'm constantly fighting the struggle of tackling mutli-way pots with two types of hands: 1. ) nut lows with backup low cards, but little high potential, and 2. ) Cards with high potential (3 broadway w/ A2 or A3 low) (double suits, nut flush + solid flush w/ A2 or A3 low) but no backup low cards.Fixed limit is an absolute beast because you cannot get anyone with a dream of glory out of any pot at any time until the blinds get to at least 100/200. Pre-flop hand selection is about 95% of your tournament strategy, in terms of importance (Position is the other 5%). You can lose a lot of hair figuring out ways to maintain any form of high potential while holding nut low cards with backup lows.High only hands I generally look to limp with in good position to see cheap flops, but any pot that isn't raised much PF (in these donkfests) generally signify a big lack of low cards spread around, so you see a lot of *really* low flops with high only hands. Not good if you miss suits, and the first leak to plug. I love raising short stacks late with high only hands because they generally only call with legitimate low hands, which are easy to beat for high and they need to qualify without being counterfeited (2 separate animals) to even get a split.I'm pretty high on cold medicine, I think I'll stop here.

I was the only one who showed a qualified low, even with all that river calling.
Wow, what were the other hands? Some 6 or 7 high straights beat by the flush? A weaker flush or two?Anyways, nh. I think you played it right given the cards out.
Wow, what were the other hands? Some 6 or 7 high straights beat by the flush? A weaker flush or two?Anyways, nh. I think you played it right given the cards out.
everyone else mucked (i never even bothered to recheck in the HH), The guy who nailed the high had AT of clubs and JJ. Just a weird hand all the way around. The whole thing was situational, two hands later I cost myself some profit in a similar hand, where I repopped with the nut low and cost me and the high hand some river bets when both of the hitchhikers bailed on my re-raise on the river, so meh.. Getting value is always walking a fine line. Perhaps the bigger point it: a lot of shmucks play high only hands, which makes scooping *really* tough in the early and middle stages. It also makes playing high only hands multiway less appetizing because you aren't a significant favorite when you figure at least one or two opponents got a high hand as well. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to exploit significant edges in these. I've been on a cashing tear lately in these, like 50% cashes in my last dozen or so, but the payouts are so top-heavy that unless you get your luckbox on, you are only netting 2 or 3x your buy-in for beating 180 out of 200 or 370 out of 400. It's frustrating. I think overall my OPR has me at like 30+% cashes and a ROI of -50%.Really makes me wish the 45 man (non turbo) SNGs for FL or PL omaha would actually fill up on stars. Would love for some other way to make my ROI in these suckers reflect how well I actually do in them. Pride sucks.