Villian is 24 / 6 with overall agression of 36.84 (not the number u guys usually use, its Agression Frequency Total) He's gone to showdown 20% of the time, and only steals 1%, but defends bb, only folded 2 out of 5 times in the bb to steal..... ---- Only 56 hands in this session though ( i never use overall stats just session)PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($46.95)MP ($5.65)CO ($23.15)Hero ($49.25)SB ($43.75)BB ($39.60)Preflop: Hero is Button with Jheart.gif, Jclub.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.5, 1 fold, BB calls $1.Flop: ($3.25) 7spade.gif, 8spade.gif, 3diamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3.Turn: ($9.25) 5spade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $7, BB calls $7.River: ($23.25) 2diamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: $23.25My main question is on the turn, I've been the player checking that down, but I think the line most people advocate is continuing firing, and it probably makes sense especially against this type of villian, very close to calling station, well, lets just call him a calling station.

I'd fire on the river here as well. A bet about half the pot. What are you really afraid of?
I don't know? I guess I thought he would check call down with hands better than JJ as well, and I didn't think i was holding a strong enough hand to value bet the fourth barrel, but value betting on the river is another one of my weak traits.Sooo, all things considered about the villian, river is usually a bet as well?Oh, also, at this table im running about 25/20, total aggression of like 60 and my attempt to steal is around 27%, if that factors into any decisions.
I don't know? I guess I thought he would check call down with hands better than JJ as well, and I didn't think i was holding a strong enough hand to value bet the fourth barrel, but value betting on the river is another one of my weak traits.Sooo, all things considered about the villian, river is usually a bet as well?Oh, also, at this table im running about 25/20, total aggression of like 60 and my attempt to steal is around 27%, if that factors into any decisions.
I think you bet the river here. If he had position on you, I might check, considering he could have something like 7 8, or 6 9 for the straight. But the fact that he checks to you on the river and that he has just continually check called you down makes me think he has something like A 7 or A 8. Bet 11-15 here and hope he's not one of those slow-playing smurfs that will just call down with K K.
I'd fire on the river here as well. A bet about half the pot. What are you really afraid of?
meh, I check behind here fairly often. what do you beat that will call a bet on the river? maybe 9's or 10's. Youve shown strength on the turn when the flush / straight hit, in villains mind he might think you're going to fire the river again.I guess it all depends on your info from villain. P.S. i like the turn bet when you're in position. getting check raised sucks, but i still play it very similar to the way you did. gh in my mind.

Since it seems like everyone is in consensus.....Villian had a set of 3's, confirming that he's a calling station.Im still not sure about the river, I just kinda felt like I was beat after the turn call, but with my image, and with his style, I think it should be possible to extract value on the river, I also think that he probably can't check/raise bluff, and if I have that read, I should probably value bet it?This kinda reminds me of a hand I had the other day against a calling station, but he was like 51/2 with no aggression, I had top two on the turn, and he check raised me, the only hand in my mind he's got a straight but I still pay it off. But I'm thinking with villians like these, I can probably value bet more thin because they really aren't capable of the check/raise bluff. Does that sound about right?

Villian had a set of 3's, confirming that he's a calling station.Im still not sure about the river, I just kinda felt like I was beat after the turn call, but with my image, and with his style, I think it should be possible to extract value on the river, I also think that he probably can't check/raise bluff, and if I have that read, I should probably value bet it?
well, is he a weak/bad calling station? or is he a tight passive/ scared calling station?can you confirm he is a calling station, or is it that he is tight and scared but will still call without the nuts?it looks like you bet the river without enough info on villain, like i said, the only hands we beat that call a river value bet is 99,10,10 maybe an 8, but without info to know how brutal of a calling station he is, we cant tell if he calls pot sized bets with small pairs.edit, my bad, u didnt bet the river, my previous post in this thread was correct, this one i think i got two of yur threads confused.