Second Pair W/ Ace On Flop

Live 2/4 ring game. Table is mostly full of older (40s-50s), loose passive players. Hero is sb w/ Jc 9c6 limpers to flopFlop: 9d Ah 5hHero checks, BB checks, EP 3 checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, Button callsHero.....?I'm almost postive I'm beat with the ace on the flop, and these guys love to play any ace, any posistion, and c/c down with it.But I'm getting 8-1 back to me, which gives me the right odds to take one off, but not closing the action, and anything might happen: EP3 thinks he's a pro and likes to c/r from time to time with sets.Should I have bet straight out to see where I was at? C/F flop? C/R flop?My post flop play really needs work I think. Any advice is appreciated.

Simple fold for me, in situations like this i think trying to work out your pot odds is really looking for an excuse to call and be involved.You don't have a very good drawing hand and it's very unlikely that you have the best hand on the flop so just fold and wait for a better situation. Calling would be marginal at best, and by definition of marginal you won't make much either way so especialy when you're trying to improve your post flop play you should normaly fold in these situations and wait for less dubious places to call.

You have to discount the Jh and the 9h because of the flush draw. You also have to discount other outs because when you DO get there -- on the turn or on the river -- you're gong to get resucked a pretty healthy portion of the time. And it appears we really have no idea what anybody has. Summary:We're out of position with very few outs and absolutely no visibility in a medium sized pot. Check/fold.Wang

• 3 weeks later...