Screen Name Changes On Poker Sites

Why is this such a big deal for people? Who cares about credit? The money isn't enough?
No, definitely not. I would almost venture to say that the fame is more important to a lot of those guys. Poker egos are huge, and get bigger the higher up the food chain you go. Mark
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, definitely not. I would almost venture to say that the fame is more important to a lot of those guys. Poker egos are huge, and get bigger the higher up the food chain you go. Mark
I have no idea what youre speaking of.regards,Phil Hellmuth

I wouldn't think having your name changed once should make a huge difference to any of your opponents. Using PJ's example, if Waco played him with PJ having a new screen name, afetr a few months of competition, I'm sure Waco would have the same read on him.....even if it is on PStars where no one is "supposed to be" able to change names willy nilly.If Party continues to let people change every 6 months, then all players have equal opportunity to do that if they so choose.I wouldn't have an ethical issue with it unless someone falsified info for a new account or "purchased" an established account with the intent to get an unfair advantage on others.

I'd love to be able to, maybe I'd get paid off by Waco once in my life. If I raise Waco's BB, and he pauses before folding, he has KK. I'm pretty sure the only way he plays with me is if he has a PRE FLOP set.
lolz, maybe you should stop knitting quilts while you play then...as far as the name changes go, I wish everyone would have to play under their real name and sharing accounts wasn't allowed...

I think the main difference between online and live regarding having an established read is that online we have databases that give you a read on a player even if you've never played with them before.Imagine if you were playing at your local B&M where you played several times a week. A new player walks in and 20 other regular players walk over to him to describe your style of play and discuss how you've played certain hands in the past. I think you'd be upset.Online we typically accept the fact that these databases exist - mostly because they'd be difficult (impossible) to stop and not because they're necessarily morally/ethically ok.

lolz, maybe you should stop knitting quilts while you play then...as far as the name changes go, I wish everyone would have to play under their real name and sharing accounts wasn't allowed...
How do you lose to Waco, PMJ? He's not even good.
What else would I do while folding every hand to keep myself from being bored? :club: