aggressive with 8-8

Lately I have been told that I am playing way too tight, especially with starting hands, so I do something that I normally don't do and raise it up with 8s in EP.Anyway, advice on the hand and especially the river...PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is UTG+2 with [8c], [8h]. CO posts a blind of $0.25. UTG calls, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (12.40 SB) [7h], [Tc], [5s] (6 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls.Turn: (8.70 BB) [4c] (5 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, Hero calls, CO calls.River: (14.70 BB) [3h] (3 players)UTG bets, Hero ???How do you play this river?

Personally? I usually would make him prove it to me and call, but with CO still in there, I think I would probably fold this. Heads up, easy call for me.

For one, I think its silly raising 8 8 early position in limit, unless you are suicidal and want to put yourself in the spot of having to play a dreaded mid pair out of position the whole way through.Secondly, most people don't check raise with nothing, I'm not sure what limits you are playing though, but the utg player limped, called your raise, and then set you up on the turn, I would want to get rid of my 8's in that spot.If I read the board right, you did pick up a gutshot on the turn, you need atleast 10.5-1 for your miracle river, unless you want to add 2 outs for your set as well, and the pot is laying about 9-1, add two bets on the river, you are probably good to go for it. But if you pay him off on the river when you don't hit, then you have to take that into consideration with your odds of chasing your hand.....You would probably do best to stick with what you are good at and what actually makes money in poker, avoid the stupid fancy plays. Limp in with your 8's and see how the hand develops, every mistake that came later was more or less a result of that first error.

I'm not certain how the UTG player has been playing up to this point, but from what I've read I would put him on top pair, with a hand like A10-J10. However, it probably wasn't A10 or K10 because he might have raised the flop with top pair/good kicker. So perhaps I'd say he was closer to having J10 to call a preflop raise in early position. I don't see him calling a preflop raise with 10-4, so I wouldn't put him on two pair at the turn (then again, I still don't know what kind of hands this person plays) so I would think he's trying to protect his top pair from being outdrawn by a person chasing the straight. On the river, I believe he was trying to represent the straight, hoping that his top pair would hold up. In any case, I think that folding is the best option.

The raise preflop is pretty bad. I'll raise 99 from there, but 88 is where I draw the line. It doesn't have the equity...Muck to the turn check/raise. He check/raised a field of people. Strength. Your middle pair is no good.

lol yes, raising that early with 88 is bad.Now if someone raised infront of you, THEN you reraise to isolate. Thats a gg play. But just raising you're not protecting your hand at all and you lock yourself into a flop bet.I had a play where I was MP3. UTG+1 raised, folded to me, I reraised with 88. Forced everyone else out. When he simply called, I knew it was game over for him.Flop dropped Q 4 2. He checked, I bet. He saw turn and river, and folded. gg pot.With so many callers, I hate betting the turn. But you got C/R'd so you gotta call. On the river.. I guess, for one more bet, its a nice sized pot you gotta call and complain about him playing 36o UTG.