Top Pair Plus Gutshot Picks Up Flush Outs On The Turn

UTG + 1 is a young guy I haven't played before. UTG is very loose but skilled.Hero's reputation is tight.StacksUTG: 300UTG+1: 125Hero covers.Preflop (3)Hero has 7 :D 9 :D in BB.UTG limps. UTG+1 raises to 15. Folds to hero. Hero calls. UTG calls Flop (45)6 :club: 7 :D 5 :DHero bets 40. UTG calls. UTG+1 calls.Turn (165)3 :heart:Hero?Edit: Turn is a trey not a deuce. Corrected.

I lead again, but big. You may or may not have the best hand, but you certainly have the best draw. Potting the the turn and getting it in with anyone seems fine to me.

I'm wondering why you called preflop.
Implied oddds, but because of stacks, it's pretty shaky heads up. We need a lot of money in the pot to make these hands pay. We have made the pot so big, and committed everyone to this pot, and we are so close to being good here, that I think there's only one move and that's to push.
I'm wondering why you called preflop.
If you're going to get robbed anyway, it's OK to loosen up preflop.OK, seriously you make a good point. It's a loose call. I want to play pots with the loose player with the larger stack, but being out of position really makes this iffy.
If you're going to get robbed anyway, it's OK to loosen up FOLD AND GO LOCK THE DOORS preflop.OK, seriously you make a good point. It's a loose call. I want to play pots with the loose player with the larger stack, but being out of position really makes this iffy.
Implied oddds, but because of stacks, it's pretty shaky heads up. We need a lot of money in the pot to make these hands pay. We have made the pot so big, and committed everyone to this pot, and we are so close to being good here, that I think there's only one move and that's to push.
Implied odds arent that great. Villain only had 110 left after his raise. Not to mention we have to worry about the UTG limper who could limp-reraise and lock us out of the pot, or if he folds we've lost our chance to rake in a big pot. I'd fold preflop.

The doors were locked at this point.

I hate this hand guys.Preflop is bad with these stacks and your position.Flop lead is bad when UTG+1 is so short. He is never folding anything you beat on the flop and if he pushes you are in a tough spot and likely have to call with so much money in there. Your lead achieves absolutely nothing imo.

I hate this hand guys.Preflop is bad with these stacks and your position.Flop lead is bad when UTG+1 is so short. He is never folding anything you beat on the flop and if he pushes you are in a tough spot and likely have to call with so much money in there. Your lead achieves absolutely nothing imo.
Supposing we called preflop, what's your flop line? Suppose UTG+1 bets 40 himself.

It's such a tough spot because of UTG+1 stack size whereby we are in a spot where we check fold or check push. Both suck. The tough flop spot of course is what makes calling pre so ugly. If you feel like some variance check push and hope for the best.

Supposing we called preflop, what's your flop line? Suppose UTG+1 bets 40 himself.
Well it wasnt a terrible flop for you, but I dont think i would've led with a big pot-sized bet like that. But after having done so, and with both players calling you, I dont know how much more money i want to put into this pot. I'm guessing one of them flopped a set.

UTG + 1 is a young guy I haven't played before. UTG is very loose but skilled.Hero's reputation is tight.StacksUTG: 300UTG+1: 125Hero covers.Preflop (3)Hero has 7 :D 9 :D in BB.UTG limps. UTG+1 raises to 15. Folds to hero. Hero calls. UTG calls Flop (45)6 :club: 7 :) 5 :DHero bets 40. UTG calls. UTG+1 calls.Turn (165)3 :DHero bets 40. UTG calls. UTG+1 calls.I wasn't sure what I should do here, so I decided to make a retarded bet.River (285)T :spade:Hero checks. UTG bets 100. UTG+1 calls all-in. Hero pukes.

I'd say folding preflop is probably best but i leak and call this a lot too.As already said, I'd rather C/R and try to get value out of a c-bet from UTG+1 than bet into an overpair that's never folding. (Your line may have actually saved you money since you were betting into the nuts.)Turn: C/C just because I can't force myself to fold. The loose/skilled player flopped a straight and you may be drawing just to your flush draw at this point. Sets raise that flop, overpairs might call, but he probably raises a good amount of those and we can discount 99 a little here. No flush draws out there means his hand isn't forced.

On the turn, I think checking is probably correct. You've picked up more outs now, but you should probably be c/f most of the time since it's fairly obvious that you were beat on the flop.

UTG+1 has 40 left. I assume he calls with any one pair. What do you call with in his seat?

UTG+1 has 40 left. I assume he calls with any one pair. What do you call with in his seat?
I didn't notice how little he had left. I guess the point is lost on me since I would've just shoveled anyway if I was gonna play past the flop.

UTG bet 100. UTG+1 calls. Hero folds. UTG+1 shows 27. UTG mucks.I couldn't see UTG bluffing in this spot. My judgment was off.