Hero = rogerwilcoPokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :D, T :D. 5 folds, Hero completes, BB raises, Hero calls.Flop: (4 SB) 5 :), J :club:, T :D(2 players)Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.Turn: (6 BB) A :D(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.River: (6 BB) 8 :)(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 8 BB

Preflop raise is standard here?I'm often quite insecure from the SB with marginal hands because an open raise always looks like a steal and I'm OOP. I think BB seldom folds here. And doesn't donkbet/3-bet show more strength than checkraising here? But I agree that is a stupid move usually.

Raising preflop is 100% standard. Im raising almost all Queens here against unknowns. We are getting very good odds to either pick it up preflop or on the flop by being aggressive in the sb.Like Zach already said, I would c/r the flop and call the river as played.

im with raising pf and c/r the flopas played, the flop 3-bet is a bit much. we have second pair and he's shown lots of strength. AK or AQ might play it the same way but everything else is beating you.im a bit confused by his turn check and river bet, so im guessing you lost to AJ KJ or QJ

Anyone find a fold on the river? I probably call too, but I don't really know if we win often enough to profit. Meh, his turn check is odd enough that I think I want to see his hand.

Anyone find a fold on the river? I probably call too, but I don't really know if we win often enough to profit. Meh, his turn check is odd enough that I think I want to see his hand.
I think the info alone is worth it, in case it is slightly -EV.We've only gotta be good here 1/7 times.I doubt we are, but I think the info puts us close enough, imo.
btw. I think villain played this hand very well, he had Q9o.
I was going to say that the river was particularly bad because it means that of the flop drawing hands, Q9, KQ and AK all made it, along with Ad-Xd. We don't really beat any drawing hands, and we don't beat any made hands that cap the flop.EDIT: I fire the turn if I'm villain because the ace is very unlikely to have hit hero.
I was going to say that the river was particularly bad because it means that of the flop drawing hands, Q9, KQ and AK all made it, along with Ad-Xd. We don't really beat any drawing hands, and we don't beat any made hands that cap the flop.EDIT: I fire the turn if I'm villain because the ace is very unlikely to have hit hero.
and is a scare cardi hope that was sarcasm in the he played he his hand great.if I was BB i probably dont raise preflop (though several of you probably will)i dont cap the flopi semibluff at the turn unless i think villain will call me down with 2nd or 3rd pair anyway
i hope that was sarcasm in the he played he his hand great.
I didn't say "great", but I wasn't being sarcastic either, I like the way he played it, looking back - he kept me guessing and had total control over the hand. Of course he got a little lucky on the river, but I do think what he did was +ev.
I didn't say "great", but I wasn't being sarcastic either, I like the way he played it, looking back - he kept me guessing and had total control over the hand. Of course he got a little lucky on the river, but I do think what he did was +ev.
im alright with raising preflop and checking the turn (not that its what i woulda done, but im ok with it)however, capping the flop kinda sucks, i think. Q9 there is at best about a 40/60 underdog