Hpt Sat Hand, Low Stack

HPT sat, 17 players get a seat, blinds are 1K/2K 200 ante. I am in the BB with KK and about 12K in chips (25 players left), been pretty card dead until this point. Middle position (chip leader at our table, lots of chips) raises to 4K. I've had dead on reads of this guys all day and put him on a small pair 4-8 area. Everyone folds to me. Question is, is it optimal to push here when you know he'll call (not really priced in, but I knew he'd call), or call and wait for the flop and push then, hoping he doesn't hit his set and then he'll fold?I'll wait for responses and give you the reason for asking.

How in the world can it be better to wait for the flop to shove, where he'll ONLY call you with a set, rather than getting it all in on the flop while he'll call you when you're ahead.Do you see why this makes no sense?

To put in another way...What's better?Getting it all in in a big pot where you're a 4-1 favorite?Or, either winning a small pot with the best hand 85% of the time, and losing a huge pot, where you got the money in as a 9-1 dog?

HPT sat, 17 players get a seat, blinds are 1K/2K 200 ante. I am in the BB with KK and about 12K in chips (25 players left), been pretty card dead until this point. Middle position (chip leader at our table, lots of chips) raises to 4K. I've had dead on reads of this guys all day and put him on a small pair 4-8 area. Everyone folds to me. Question is, is it optimal to push here when you know he'll call (not really priced in, but I knew he'd call), or call and wait for the flop and push then, hoping he doesn't hit his set and then he'll fold?I'll wait for responses and give you the reason for asking.
Pretty obvious that you shoved he called and hit set on turn or river.The shove is good here, if you win that hand are you able to pretty much blind your way to a seat(you don't have enough currently I'm fairly certain)? If so, either of the two options are fine. You got your money in as a 4:1 favourite (I assume) and he sucked out. That's poker.
Pretty obvious that you shoved he called and hit set on turn or river.
Bingo, set on the river. Just was thinking on the long, lonely drive home if there was any way I could have got him to fold and not suck out. I just needed some positive reinforcement that I made the right move I guess.
Bingo, set on the river. Just was thinking on the long, lonely drive home if there was any way I could have got him to fold and not suck out. I just needed some positive reinforcement that I made the right move I guess.
Do you actually want him to fold at any point in this hand? Preflop you're 80% to win, post flop 90% on the turn like 95% (i think??).You don't have enough to fold to the seat so do not fold this hand. BBFIDTS.Unlucky.
God.This is a retarded thread.Why exactly did you post this hand?
Yet you not only read it, but put enough thought into it to reply.................
Yet you not only read it, but put enough thought into it to reply.................
And I hope you enjoy it's new home in the bad beat forum.Don't post in strat until you follow the rules.Not only is this thread retarded, and just a beat post, but you also posted it in the NL cash forum.Good luck.

That's fine, put it where ever you want, that's your job as a moderator, not to insult people. Talk about abuse of power where the moderators flame people.

That's fine, put it where ever you want, that's your job as a moderator, not to insult people. Talk about abuse of power where the moderators flame people.
The abuse had nothing to do with him being a moderator, it had to do with you being an idiot.Also, didn't you scam someone out of some cash on here?