Here's the link to the trailer... http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/large.htmlSo what do you think the movie is? The three favorites are H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu character, Godzilla (produced by Sony, so thats a no), and Voltron (but that's produced by M. Gordon), I love the idea that they are going Cthulhu should be a vary interesting movie...But anyone else got any thoughts on that trailer? Supposedly should know more by the end of Comic Con, and August 1st is suppose to be another big day for info.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I start the 1st thread about this, and now everyone else and their mother is starting the same thread.Tell your mom to stay off the forums.
Oh cmon let him have his own thread, he altered his sig for it.

if anyone has ever heard of the inhumanoids i believe that this show and toy line could definetly be a possibility for the movie and hasbro made both transformers and inhumanoids toys and this strange trailer just popped up during transformers. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

when was the post date, I didn't see a title directly saying JJ or his untitle project. If I saw it, I would have read it...The sig been the same since I started, also I don't believe its Godzilla, since Sony owns the rights, or had owned the rights and still has first dibs for it...Since Godzilla is release Godzilla 3d which is just a remake of Zilla vs Smog Monster, then I don't think they'll have a new US Godzilla.edit: Also its on the second page with a week old date, and since my experience on the VNs, and other boards, that means you need to start a new thread. Sorry mate.

when was the post date, I didn't see a title directly saying JJ or his untitle project. If I saw it, I would have read it...The sig been the same since I started, also I don't believe its Godzilla, since Sony owns the rights, or had owned the rights and still has first dibs for it...Since Godzilla is release Godzilla 3d which is just a remake of Zilla vs Smog Monster, then I don't think they'll have a new US Godzilla.edit: Also its on the second page with a week old date, and since my experience on the VNs, and other boards, that means you need to start a new thread. Sorry mate.
No you don't need to start a new thread. Not when there's nothing new to discuss. You're just repeating what we already know, mate.

Someone doesn't understand the art of farming? The fact you haven't kept your post on the first page, means that a new farmer can take the information and make it, his own...That is rule 1 of the farming convention of 04 thread posters.

If it is a self-contained monster movie, what route do you think he goes? 1. Space Monster 2. Ancient Awaken Evil God Monster 3. Man Made monster 4. Retake on the conecpts of the book of Revelations

JJ Abbrams? Its gonna be a 2 hour long film with a bunch of buildup that doesn't tell you anything but "watch the sequel."

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/07/26/comic...r-own-godzilla/
Comic-Con: J.J. Abrams Speaks, “We Need Our Own Godzilla”4 Comments | Published by Josh Horowitz on Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 5:37 pm.“Do you think we’d call it ‘Monstrous’?” J.J. Abrams teased the Comic-Con crowd Thursday. “No.”Abrams wouldn’t cough up the real title of his mysterious January flick, but he did give his own explanation of the movie, remembering a recent trip to Japan. “We need our own Godzilla.”Constantly referring to the project as “This movie”, Abrams showed the now-famous teaser, promised that a title would be forthcoming, and unveiled a new poster with a headless Statue of Liberty to the Con masses.
Wonder what that means, since Sony owned Godzilla in the US, does this mean we have a new deal Toho has done without reports? Hmmm, I hope not.

If you find this certain website, it shows pictures from the movie. the time on the pictures are testaments from the bible about the devil. so obv is a devil movie. ship it

Would make for an interesting movie, but since your theory is its a movie on Religion do you think its taking the Catholic point of view, or some other religion's belief of good and evil?

Comic-Con: J.J. Abrams Speaks, “We Need Our Own Godzilla”4 Comments | Published by Josh Horowitz on Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 5:37 pm.“Do you think we’d call it ‘Monstrous’?” J.J. Abrams teased the Comic-Con crowd Thursday. “No.”Abrams wouldn’t cough up the real title of his mysterious January flick, but he did give his own explanation of the movie, remembering a recent trip to Japan. “We need our own Godzilla.”Constantly referring to the project as “This movie”, Abrams showed the now-famous teaser, promised that a title would be forthcoming, and unveiled a new poster with a headless Statue of Liberty to the Con masses.
Well that's interesting, because my understanding the Godzilla story is that he was awakened and transformed by a nuclear bomb dropping in the ocean -- thus he represented the Japanese fear of nuclear war, which was rightfully pretty strong at the time. What kind of monster could represent the deepest fear of our culture at the present? If I were Abrams, that's what I'd be thinking.

deepest fears of america... Could be a 500 foot arab, Britney Spears Beaver, a black person? Hmmmm the list can go on, but I'm hoping for a beaver.

I just saw the trailer for the first time, good teaser... I tried to get a good look at the credits screne, said something about Robot. Might have been a production company name for all I know though.

So I was bored and looked up JJ Abbram on IMDB...He hasn't really done anything that gets me excited. He's been the executive producer on one really popular show and a couple other successful ones. What kind of movie making background does he have to show that everyone shoudl have their panties in a bunch about this?

deepest fears of america... Could be a 500 foot arab, Britney Spears Beaver, a black person? Hmmmm the list can go on, but I'm hoping for a beaver.
LOL I just thought of that david chappelle sketch..at any rate, if this big budget action movie does anything but suck large monster balls I'll be pleasantly surprised.