Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($36.95)Hero ($62.20)UTG ($50)MP ($163.30)CO ($21.20)Button ($74.20)Preflop: Hero is BB with Tclub.gif, Tdiamond.gif. 1 fold, MP raises to $1.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25.Flop: ($3.75) 3heart.gif, Qspade.gif, 5heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75.Turn: ($11.25) 7club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $5, Hero raises to $10, MP calls $5.River: ($31.25) 5diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $31.25, Hero calls $31.25.Final Pot: $93.75Villain plays many many hands, shown a few bluffs, but for the most part, shows a solid hand. Here, I just didn't believe him. Will this call be good in the long run?

Id much prefer raising the flop to 10 and folding to a 3bet
also, as played up to the check raise on the turn --- please bet more than an additional $5 on top (giving him like 5:1 odds to call w/ ANYTHING... gaining you ZERO information & further bloating the pot)i guess i can see this being a bluff, some of the action's wierd... the flop could easily be a cbet, the turn's akwardly small (PSB PF & the flop then less than half? wtf?) ... does kinda seem like he's trying to take it away from you on the river... or he was value betting a monster like QQ... did you pick him off or pay him off?i keep hearing A :club: K :D in my head
Villain plays many many hands, shown a few bluffs, but for the most part, shows a solid hand. Here, I just didn't believe him. Will this call be good in the long run?
I lead the pot on the flop. Gives you much more information. Take down the small pot if you can and do not get involved in a big pot when you are unsure of your status.

i 3 bet preflop to take the lead and help get a feel for where i'm at, and then lead the flop. if villain 4 bets pre i just let it go. i shut down if i get called on the flop. btw, the turn play in this hand is the UGGO.as played i think the river is a pretty standard fold.edit: given the pf action if you donk bet this flop w/o a set i will eat you alive. :club:

wow... in that case you only lost the hand cause you played it so passively... you could have taken it away from him @ any point... dont worry, one for the note books, try to test your hand if you're unsure in future situations like this one...also, if he bricks the river he's likely checking behind...

The story you are trying to represent is retardedly inconsistent.Essentially what I'm saying, is this hand is a trainwreck, and you should probably play every street completely different than you did.I'm not much help, though.

yea this action is pretty weird. thanks for the advice. anyways, he had 85 sooooted of spades, who would of known..
I was thinking AQ, KQ or A5.I usually don't like 3-betting here, but if he's really raising a lot of hands preflop, you must reraise to take the lead. Being that you called, I'd rather C/R this flop then the turn. I've seen this line run, and ashamed to say I've run it a few times, against habitual 2-barrellers, but I think it's usually a spew. I think you can justify the hand by just saying you wanted to try to slow him down. But then, there's not really that much strat content to it.Edit: The river call is the worst street for me though.