how do you become a professional player?(daniel)

I would like to know how it's possible when you have a small bankroll at the beginning.Imagine that u have 5000$ and play 100$NL with a rate of 20$ per hour.It means u will win maybe 150$ per day or 4500$ per month. And u must eat!!!So I wanted to know how u go in each big tournament : satellites? sponsor?If Daniel could explain how he did at his early beginnings, it would be great.Thanks

Thats 54,000 dollars a year without ever increasing the bankroll (assuming the numbers you provide are realistic) which is alot more than I make in my low-end law clerk job and I eat at least once a week.

I would like to know how it's possible when you have a small bankroll at the beginning.Imagine that u have 5000$ and play 100$NL with a rate of 20$ per hour.It means u will win maybe 150$ per day or 4500$ per month. And u must eat!!!So I wanted to know how u go in each big tournament : satellites? sponsor?If Daniel could explain how he did at his early beginnings, it would be great.Thanks
I'm with Ghoti on this one... 4500 per month, even pre-tax, is not bad at all. Especially considering you are doing something you really enjoy. If you are doing well at that for a while, bump up the stakes.There was also a link to an article about Daniel that was posted on one of these boards today (Maybe the 60 minutes postin???) In there Daniel talks about the importance of having a business plan...But I'd definitely like to hear more from Daniel on the subject as well, if he's not too busy playin' Josh A in Nine Ball.
Thats 54,000 dollars a year without ever increasing the bankroll (assuming the numbers you provide are realistic) which is alot more than I make in my low-end law clerk job and I eat at least once a week.
That is a good amount per year...but how do you move up in limits if you are using your winnings to eat and pay rent?

54k is a lot of scratch for food and shelter. Put a few percentages away for bankroll improvement. By the time your skills are ready for the next level your bankroll will be too. This isn't even poker knowledge...this is basic financial planning. Set a goal, create a plan for accomplishing it, and then execute the plan.

After one of his early WSOP cashes, he went to the highest limit cash game he can find and played it to build his bankroll up more. He never looked back after that. Along the ways he went bust a few times but got some help along the ways when he was down.