1/2 Nlhe (6 Max) Lots Of Outs

BB is a smart player, 28/13 through 60 hands. Plays flopped sets fast, especially on draw-heavy boards (I've seen two so far)Button is very aggressive, 38/35/3.4 through 250 hands. Loves to raise and reraise when in position, and can have ATC to make this preflop reraise. Normally makes cont bets, but is capable of giving up on the hand if he feels that he's behind and will get called. I've seen him pull triple-barrel bluffs before.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($408.55)Hero ($518.80)Button ($199)SB ($118)BB ($722.85)Preflop: Hero is MP with Jspade.gif, Aspade.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $8, Button raises to $26, 1 fold, BB calls $24, Hero calls $18.Flop: ($79) Kdiamond.gif, 3club.gif, Tspade.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: ($79) 4spade.gif(3 players)BB bets $36, Hero...

Call, I don't think you have much FE if you raise, but you do have ten outs to make the absolute nuts and two more to make a hand only beaten by a boat(or an ******* who makes quads). You're getting about the right odds and there's a chance your ace is live(if he has something like QQ), even though I wouldn't count it as an out.

BB is a smart player, 28/13 through 60 hands. Plays flopped sets fast, especially on draw-heavy boards (I've seen two so far)
WTF ! ? ! ? Who flops sets like this? I played Jan - April, 3 nights a week, 5 hours+ a session, and never flopped a fuccin set once. And someone gives out a read on how they play sets in 60 hands? I should quit poker.
BB is a smart player, 28/13 through 60 hands. Plays flopped sets fast, especially on draw-heavy boards (I've seen two so far)Button is very aggressive, 38/35/3.4 through 250 hands. Loves to raise and reraise when in position, and can have ATC to make this preflop reraise. Normally makes cont bets, but is capable of giving up on the hand if he feels that he's behind and will get called. I've seen him pull triple-barrel bluffs before.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($408.55)Hero ($518.80)Button ($199)SB ($118)BB ($722.85)Preflop: Hero is MP with Jspade.gif, Aspade.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $8, Button raises to $26, 1 fold, BB calls $24, Hero calls $18.Flop: ($79) Kdiamond.gif, 3club.gif, Tspade.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: ($79) 4spade.gif(3 players)BB bets $36, Hero...
Smooth call. You don't want to get repopped on the turn with one card to come.
WTF ! ? ! ? Who flops sets like this? I played Jan - April, 3 nights a week, 5 hours+ a session, and never flopped a fuccin set once. And someone gives out a read on how they play sets in 60 hands? I should quit poker.
Believe me, I wasn't happy about it either. One of the players he flopped a set against was me. :club: I'm not pretending to have picked up a solid read on his set play in 60 hands (and 2 sets), I'm merely letting you know how he played the two big hands that I saw go to showdown.Apparently I felt inclined to double him up on that hand too (I played it poorly, but know my mistake, hence it's not posted here).

i probably just call, the button's check is very suspicious looking and could very well mean that he has somethingthe BB being a good player, i think he probably has Q-Q or J-J, and if it were heads-up with him i would say raise it, but the button's check looks very troublesome, so i think you should just try to catch

i probably just call, the button's check is very suspicious looking and could very well mean that he has somethingthe BB being a good player, i think he probably has Q-Q or J-J, and if it were heads-up with him i would say raise it, but the button's check looks very troublesome, so i think you should just try to catch
Before we start jumping at monsters behind the closet, I forgot to mention that I have seen the button play a hand like this before. It appears that he's cautious in raised and reraised pots which make it to the flop 3-handed, probably realizes it's too unlikely that he can bluff through two opponents.I posted the hand in the New Challenge (Old Challenge) thread hereHe's the player who shows down T :club: J :D As far as I'm concerned, we will find out on the turn whether or not he's sitting on a monster, but am not really afraid of his presence here.

It's a pretty obvious call here. I guess you could have slowplayed the flop with AK/TT/etc looking to checkraise, so raising here wouldn't be particularly suspicious, but I think you are better off taking the >3:1 odds and try to extract value if and when you hit. That way, if button has a hand you can get away for the minimum, and if BB has a real hand you don't get reraised off your draw (which would be a terrible outcome).

Yeah, calling would have been a smart move here. I wanted to see how many advocated calling here as opposed to the line I chose.In the end, I decided the BB most likely had a good pair below K (like 88 through QQ). As I said, I doubted that he had a set based on how he chose to play the hand (check flop, weak lead turn).I decided that either the Button had a monster, or he had air (like in the other hand I posted) and *strongly* felt that he just had air here. Since I could see him raising both types of hands here if I call, I decided to pre-empt, and raised it $90 to $126-to-go (taking away any fancy play here). If the BB had a mid pocket pair, he couldn't stand my raise.I figured my raise here would still fit in the BB's mind with a big hand, because although I checked the flop, I was checking to a *known* aggressive player who had put in the last raise pre-flop. Also the flop was dry of most draws (QJ is the only likely one here and you wouldn't expect it to survive the preflop action...) so a big hand could reasonably check here. I thought $126 would be enough for the BB to feel his entire stack is at risk (he would expect a large river bet if he calls, even though I am only betting if I catch one of my outs).As for the button, well his entire stack *was* at risk, so unless I misread him, he was folding.In the end, both opponents folded, although the BB timed all the way down and typed:BB: "q,q no good ?"I tend to believe his question here. It certainly fit with how he played the hand, just like sabes99 observed.Thanks guys,Merby

Yeah, calling would have been a smart move here. I wanted to see how many advocated calling here as opposed to the line I chose.In the end, I decided the BB most likely had a good pair below K (like 88 through QQ). As I said, I doubted that he had a set based on how he chose to play the hand (check flop, weak lead turn).I decided that either the Button had a monster, or he had air (like in the other hand I posted) and *strongly* felt that he just had air here. Since I could see him raising both types of hands here if I call, I decided to pre-empt, and raised it $90 to $126-to-go (taking away any fancy play here). If the BB had a mid pocket pair, he couldn't stand my raise.I figured my raise here would still fit in the BB's mind with a big hand, because although I checked the flop, I was checking to a *known* aggressive player who had put in the last raise pre-flop. Also the flop was dry of most draws (QJ is the only likely one here and you wouldn't expect it to survive the preflop action...) so a big hand could reasonably check here. I thought $126 would be enough for the BB to feel his entire stack is at risk (he would expect a large river bet if he calls, even though I am only betting if I catch one of my outs).As for the button, well his entire stack *was* at risk, so unless I misread him, he was folding.In the end, both opponents folded, although the BB timed all the way down and typed:BB: "q,q no good ?"I tend to believe his question here. It certainly fit with how he played the hand, just like sabes99 observed.Thanks guys,Merby
I like the reasoning behind your decision. I think if villain is unknown, calling is a safer line.