Betting When It Gets Checked To You On The Flop

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($50)UTG ($71.10)UTG+1 ($50.75)MP1 ($7.80)MP2 ($28.75)MP3 ($43.75)Hero ($49.25)Button ($49.25)SB ($50)Preflop: Hero is CO with 5heart.gif, 5diamond.gif. 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, BB checks.Flop: ($1.75) Tspade.gif, 8heart.gif, Jdiamond.gif(3 players)BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks...This is probably a bad board to take a stab at, so my plan was to just simply check it down and fold to any bet. In general, should I take a stab at 3 handed pots where it gets checked to me and I don't have much?

I'd expect to be called on the flop. If you're going to try to win this hand without a showdown, you're probably going to have to bet the turn hard, too.I'd be much more comfortable trying to do this in a live game.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($50)UTG ($71.10)UTG+1 ($50.75)MP1 ($7.80)MP2 ($28.75)MP3 ($43.75)Hero ($49.25)Button ($49.25)SB ($50)Preflop: Hero is CO with 5heart.gif, 5diamond.gif. 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, BB checks.Flop: ($1.75) Tspade.gif, 8heart.gif, Jdiamond.gif(3 players)BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks...This is probably a bad board to take a stab at, so my plan was to just simply check it down and fold to any bet. In general, should I take a stab at 3 handed pots where it gets checked to me and I don't have much?
The problem when you take stabs at boards with draws out there is that it makes it hard to put your opponent on a hand. If you bet on this board and get called you don't know if your opponent is calling with a pair, a straight, or a straight draw. So you're a little bit lost in the hand unless you have a good read on your opponents. Get to show down cheap on this pot.
This is probably a bad board to take a stab at, so my plan was to just simply check it down and fold to any bet. In general, should I take a stab at 3 handed pots where it gets checked to me and I don't have much?
Nah, fire at it. It's a scary board for everyone, and a lot of people will look for a better spot. I don't hate a pot-sized bet here. 60% of the time, you'll take it down.
Nah, fire at it. It's a scary board for everyone, and a lot of people will look for a better spot. I don't hate a pot-sized bet here. 60% of the time, you'll take it down.
Yea but the other 40% of the time we get called and realize we're going to have to possibly two barrel or three barrel a limped pot with air to win and that just can't be good.
Yea but the other 40% of the time we get called and realize we're going to have to possibly two barrel or three barrel a limped pot with air to win and that just can't be good.
We don't have to two barrell. Just check it or release it at the turn. We can also hit a 5 on the turn and push. Besides, I'll take 60% over 40% all night long, provided pot sizes are consistent. What's more is that we're not pushing over the top of someone who showed interest in the pot. I min-bet a ton of flops like this and you'd be shocked SHOCKED! at how many people fold a $xxxxxxxxxx pot to an $x bet. It's breathtaking. I know everyone HATES HATES HATES the min-bet, but it totally ****s people up.
We don't have to two barrell. Just check it or release it at the turn. We can also hit a 5 on the turn and push. Besides, I'll take 60% over 40% all night long, provided pot sizes are consistent. What's more is that we're not pushing over the top of someone who showed interest in the pot. I min-bet a ton of flops like this and you'd be shocked SHOCKED! at how many people fold a $xxxxxxxxxx pot to an $x bet. It's breathtaking. I know everyone HATES HATES HATES the min-bet, but it totally ****s people up.
this makes me warm inside hahahait's hilarious to see the guy who calls off 80% of his stack then folds to the rest of it gettin put in on the next street...