Top Set Aces That Arent Floppy Nuts

Would like to know your thought process here, please.Live 1/2NL Hero has 200Villain has 200.Table has only been open and running for about 2 hours.Villain is a solid player. very TAG. respects hero's game. Havent seen him make too many crazy calls, but i have seen him get caught in big pots without Monster hands.hero is MP1 with AAVillain limps from UTG. 1 more limp.hero raise to 12. (standard. surprised i only got 1 call.)folds around to villain who calls. limper folds.HU.flopA,K,Q rainbow.villain check.hero bet 15 (1/2 pot)Villain says. "well lets see just how strong you are" and raises to 45.My 1st reaction was J,10. this player is TAG and isnt one to throw out bluffs like this. I'm obviously not folding top set here. But do i come over the top?we both started with around 200. my raise will be 140 more on top of his 45. My thoughts are:If he has J,10 we're getting the in now, or on the turn.set of Kings, or queens will also come along. but also come along on the turn also. (but i dont think he limp calls with kings or queens)if he holds AK,AQ. would he still come along if i 3 bet shovel?what about A,J. or A,10? he'll fold to a push, and if thats the case, But if i smooth call, i only have to dodge a 10 or J on the turn. which are my only scare cardsSo, i opt to smooth call the flop raise with position. I feel as though a hand that calls my flop push, will shovel, or call my shovel on the turn. But a hand that might fold to my flop push, might lead out the turn, or check call another bet.thoughts?

I completely agree with your read of TJ here(especially because of the speech), he knows your game and knows that flop had to have his you, and most likely really hard, if that's the case, you cannot raise. I don't see anything wrong with a flat call to see what comes on the turn and what his move is. If he was making a play your call may have detered him from firing the turn and then checking, if that happens you can re-evaluate his holdings and decide from there as you your play. If he really has TJ and the board pairs, you're good to go. I sure hope you won this hand, I'd hate to see a set of aces cracked by TJ OOP.

I would opt for the shovel and pray that he doesn't flip over 10 JI would want to take it down right there and then just incase he is holding A J or A 10 and spikes his straight because I didn't raise him out of the pot.I don't know really, now that I think about it I don't know what I would do.Do I smooth call and fold if the 4 card straight comes?????Meh, I'm no help obviously :club:

oh and tell me when we get to the part where you folded to his turn shove and he showed QQ...P.S. i still think he has TJ here most times
Villian had AK, AQ, or AJ. Forget about J10 and get it in here right now on the flop. most people at these stakes proably call with J10 on the flop and let AK or in this case AA move in when the 3 hits the turn. why just call and let a 10 or J hit the turn and force you into a dough decision? So say villain has AJ and the turn is a J. now you check and he has even more of a hand to represent and now you probably will fold to his shove or bet. If you just move in on the flop you give him a chance to call you off drawing almost dead or get him to fold a hand that could felt you on the turn.all in on the flop has to be +++ev
Villian had AK, AQ, or AJ. Forget about J10 and get it in here right now on the flop. most people at these stakes proably call with J10 on the flop and let AK or in this case AA move in when the 3 hits the turn. why just call and let a 10 or J hit the turn and force you into a dough decision? So say villain has AJ and the turn is a J. now you check and he has even more of a hand to represent and now you probably will fold to his shove or bet. If you just move in on the flop you give him a chance to call you off drawing almost dead or get him to fold a hand that could felt you on the turn.all in on the flop has to be +++ev
With my read on villain, i thought J,10 was a bigger possibility than A,Q but i didnt push out AQ as a possibility.with that said, I agree that AK will come along for a ride if we 3-bet, but would AQ fold to the pressure?NOTE: I'm not folding this hand. ever. the question is not, can i fold the turn is a J or 10 hits. I like taking my chances of a brick hitting the turn. The plan is do i get them all in on the flop, and maybe push out a few hands, that might have lead out the turn if i only callP.S. Read the white for results.Usernametaken, you are a sicko! villain bet 70 after i called. and i shoveled and he was committed and turned over AQ. nice read. although, I've never seen him play a hand this way. He usually has good pot control. But he priced himself in on the turn.He mentioned he put me on Ak and expected me to come over the top. So i dunno what to think anymore. But i do like your read here.

I'm going to read the results after this, but I say to him "pretty strong" and raise to 120. It commits you while making the amount he has to call with AT-AK more reasonable. If he flopped the straight so be it, you have 7 outs on the turn and 10 on the river.

Obviously flat call, mainly because we're in position and he has taken the betting lead. We are almost guaranteed a bet on the turn, which is when we hopefully try to get as many chips in as possible. If he has you beat, doesnt really matter, you're not really going anywhere.

I'm going to read the results after this, but I say to him "pretty strong" and raise to 120. It commits you while making the amount he has to call with AT-AK more reasonable. If he flopped the straight so be it, you have 7 outs on the turn and 10 on the river.
This is what I think is most correct. A shovel will likely get a fold from KQ and maybe AQ. If you raise to $120, he's gonna feel obligated to call wtih AK, AQ, AJ, AT and maybe any 2 broadway cards at all that would give him 2 pair or a pair and a gutter.The main idea is that you're gonna go broke here if he has JT, but you don't wanna give up the lead since you have position and top set here. I want more money moving into the pot. Only one hand beats me and I have outs if he's got it. I agree with Rhinestone Cowboy.