I think its time for a report.I just finished a grand total of 21k hands at .25/.50. I made $312.14 which accounts for 624.28BB over 21,527 hands. That equates to 2.9BB/100 hands. I think that it is a large enough sample size to prove that the game at that level is beatable. I went through a pretty large downswing the other day to the tune of 90BB, but I realized I was playing too many hands from the SB and BB, and when I toned that down, I realized that I was killing the game.My play overall from the blinds are a little weak. I'm still down about $19 from the BB, and about $10 from the SB overall.I play so weak-tight preflop in this game its not even funny. My pre-flop raise % is like 14. And my VP$P is like 23.2 or something sick.Is this a large enough sample size for me to make a valid determination about my game?

I think its time for a report.I just finished a grand total of 21k hands at .25/.50. I made $312.14 which accounts for 624.28BB over 21,527 hands. That equates to 2.9BB/100 hands. I think that it is a large enough sample size to prove that the game at that level is beatable. I went through a pretty large downswing the other day to the tune of 90BB, but I realized I was playing too many hands from the SB and BB, and when I toned that down, I realized that I was killing the game.My play overall from the blinds are a little weak. I'm still down about $19 from the BB, and about $10 from the SB overall.I play so weak-tight preflop in this game its not even funny. My pre-flop raise % is like 14. And my VP$P is like 23.2 or something sick.Is this a large enough sample size for me to make a valid determination about my game?
yes

Looks like you're playing well. Keep it up.Just think if you'd have been playing 30-60, you'd be up over $37K. Need to bet big to win big. Think about it. sw

Just a Question...in 0.25 / 0.50 LHEIs the BB not 0.25 ?Or have I been counting wrong?Or Does BB = Big Bet & Not Big Blind ?
in limit bb= big bethow long did it take to play 21k hands!!!!!!!!!

Fwiw, I've had a ~30k hand breakeven stretch.2.9 BB/100 is astounding, but I just want to caution you that the sample is not big enough, or even close to it, to determine that you are a long term winning player in this game. It increases the likelihood that you are, significantly, but you can't be certain.Also, 2.9 BB/100 is a huge winrate, and would equate to pretty much crushing the game, so I wouldn't be suprised if that were to drop over time as well, as you get closer to a number that is more significant statistically, in terms of number of hands.Just a heads up.I used to think 20k was enough too, but I've seen longer and longer prolonged upswings, downswings, breakeven swings, etc.Nice run though, definitely.

Fwiw, I've had a ~30k hand breakeven stretch.2.9 BB/100 is astounding, but I just want to caution you that the sample is not big enough, or even close to it, to determine that you are a long term winning player in this game. It increases the likelihood that you are, significantly, but you can't be certain.Also, 2.9 BB/100 is a huge winrate, and would equate to pretty much crushing the game, so I wouldn't be suprised if that were to drop over time as well, as you get closer to a number that is more significant statistically, in terms of number of hands.Just a heads up.I used to think 20k was enough too, but I've seen longer and longer prolonged upswings, downswings, breakeven swings, etc.Nice run though, definitely.
Zach, thanks for the kind words.It took me about 2 weeks to play that many hands. I don't really expect to get a better winrate over the long term, and if 2.9 is huge, what should be expected if I am an above average player? 1.5ish??? I mean, the rake isn't beatable in this game, but the players definately are.I read an article somewhere that Sklansky wrote about great players not being able to beat low limit games due to the rake, but had actually higher winrates in higher games due to it.I won't be moving up in stakes, due to the fact that I have to spend $300 on a speeding ticket, so I will be grinding it back up before I move up to $.50/$1.00. What should my PFR/VP$P be in a full ring game at .25/.50???