anyone else have a.d.d.?

It's a huge obstacle for me playing poker... I've lost so much money from just the simple fact, I get extremely bored, and can't play like I should... When I am able to simmer down a bit, and actually pay attention, I do really well in tourneys.. Anyone else have this problem? (Having a short attention span is one thing, I mean actual diagnosed ADD)

ME !... I'm really starting to debate aderall, Im against these meds because they severely affect my personality (since I have ADHD im a pretty fun guy to be around :club:) but I do think my game would increase a great deal if I could concentrate more. I dont know about you but my main problem is that I cant follow what other players are doing while im not in the hand. I was also thinking those pills DN takes might help but im not sure. I actually made a thread about this a while ago ill look for it and post it, a lot of people posted very useful info. :-)

Thanks Kool Aid man. I read the whole thread.....good reading. I was diagnosed about a decade ago with ADHD and well, it doesn't go away. I was wondering if anyone knows on here if ADD is linked to depression. My father was prescribed some anti-depressants a while back and I just wanted to see if there was a link. Personally, I'd rather see him taking something for the ADD as I think it'd take care of both problems. Something that wasn't posted in the thread I read was that ADD is very much passed on through the paternal genes. For example, I have it...my dad has it, my grandpa has it (really bad). Also, no one posted that taking Ritalin over a long period of time (year or more) is believed to worsen ADD and causes some brain damage (don't forget that this stuff is speed). Strattera seems to be the better option.

Thanks Kool Aid man. I read the whole thread.....good reading. I was diagnosed about a decade ago with ADHD and well, it doesn't go away. I was wondering if anyone knows on here if ADD is linked to depression. My father was prescribed some anti-depressants a while back and I just wanted to see if there was a link. Personally, I'd rather see him taking something for the ADD as I think it'd take care of both problems. Something that wasn't posted in the thread I read was that ADD is very much passed on through the paternal genes. For example, I have it...my dad has it, my grandpa has it (really bad). Also, no one posted that taking Ritalin over a long period of time (year or more) is believed to worsen ADD and causes some brain damage (don't forget that this stuff is speed). Strattera seems to be the better option.
yeah I think my Dad has depression, dont know if he takes anything for it though. And the thing you mentioned about Ritalin I have heard to be true, that is another reason why I dont plan on taking it. Natural is better IMO, I will probably try that Clear Focus crap daniel (probably gets paid to) advertises, I'm willing to try anything that is natural (and Im pretty sure that is). So far Ive only taken these pills called Neuro-Logic. They seemed to give me pretty bad hedaches so I stopped. Any other recommendations ?

Anyone wanting a "Natural" (as if supplements are much different than any other drug) aid for focus I've found that a combo of: Multi-Vitamin / Ginko Biloba / Caffeine or Ephedra works great. Works about as good as the prescription meds. Of course it ends up being more expensive to go "natural" seeing that insurance covers the scripts.

I have ADD. No joke. I have been prescribed Adderall, Provigil, and my well being depends on caffeine. Lots of it.If you think ADD is bad, combine that with OCD. That's bad. I have to take Paxil for the OCD, plus I need vitamin supplement packs.