3/6 Horse - My Biggest Pot Ever

PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Frez is CO with 3 :D , K :D , A :) , J :D . UTG calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 1 fold, Frez calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB raises, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Frez calls, Button calls, SB calls.Flop: (12 SB) 7 :D , 3 :) , J :)(6 players)SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, MP1 raises, Frez calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB 3-bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Frez calls.Turn: (12 BB) Q :club:(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets, Frez calls, BB calls, UTG calls.River: (16 BB) 9 :icon_dance:(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Frez bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds.Final Pot: 18 BBI'm not giving anything away saying I won a huge pot here, since I hit the nuts. What I'm wondering is if my calls were correct along the way.Preflop - decent but not super hand. Is checky gonna tell me I should have raised here? Buying the button perhaps?Flop - my low is screwed, but now I have 2 pair and nut flush draw. 2 low are out so all the A2s aren't going anywhere. I call two cold - that's probably the key decision in the hand. Was that OK? I've a decent draw, but likely only to half the pot.Turn - about the best card I could ask for that doesn't actually make my hand. It's not low, it doesn't bring another flush draw out, and it gives me yet another draw to the nut high for a scoop. I'm not folding for anything, but should I be raising? If so, why? Any T gives my the stone cold nuts, as does a high club. A J likely takes it all, and possible a 3. Hell, my 2 pair could be good now. But do all those add up to a raise? Or just call hoping for over calls to add to the pot. If I had a made hand of course I would raise to punish low draws.River - yee-frickin-ha!

Preflop raise...yeah maybe...but I dont mind a call here either.Now if you raised preflop, this would make the flop cold-call a lot more justified. Here it's pretty marginal. That raise could very well signify top and bottom pair is behind...so you can probably only give you 2 outs there max if youre behind. And since there are 2 low cards out...not all your flush outs can scoop. You effectively have a 5.5 outer FD (2456 or 8 :club: gives you half, 7 :D probably nothin). This is a good place to fold if you dont think all your outs are live...and I dont think they are, so you would have 7.5 outs max. After the cold call on the flop, everything else is very standard.Oh and BB almost certainly has A2, so you are def. fighting the low draw.Edit 2 (I suck): BB has A2 and raised preflop...so raising preflop probably doesnt change much unless BB is gutsy enough to 3bet.

With 2 already in, calling pre-flop is fine. If there was only one then I would be more inclined to raise to isolate preflop.On the flop: I am almost always 3 betting here:1. It`s a raised multi-way pot so I am pepared to do some work2. How good is my 2 pair? Does MP1 have 77? Can I get a Q7, K7 withweak low to fold? 3. I would like to get the button out.4. I might want a free card on the turn5. All the low chasers are not drawing as live as they think (holding each others outs) so I need to make them payBecause you didnt show strength on the flop, you cant really tell much from MP1s bet, so a flat call is fine. With 3 more scoop outs I would often raise here too - you want to get A3/A4/23 to fold to increase your scoop chances - e.g. when 2c comes on river.

18 BBs is your biggest pot ever? Srsly?
Sorry if this doesn't meet your standards, but 18BB x $6 is the biggest pot I have ever won (not that I actually checked my PT stats, but I'm sure it is).
Sorry if this doesn't meet your standards, but 18BB x $6 is the biggest pot I have ever won (not that I actually checked my PT stats, but I'm sure it is).
Heh, find better games. :PWhere are ya playing?18 BB is big, but I've seen huge pots.If we're talking in terms of $$$, then nice work.
Heh, find better games. :PWhere are ya playing?18 BB is big, but I've seen huge pots.If we're talking in terms of $$$, then nice work.
Yes, dollar value. When PS slid the $105 across my screen into my stack, I almost woke up my kids.
Preflop raise...yeah maybe...but I dont mind a call here either.Now if you raised preflop, this would make the flop cold-call a lot more justified. Here it's pretty marginal.
I hear ya. With 2 low on the flop I would certainly not have called 3 cold here, but as it was I ended up doing that anyway. Made for a nice pot!
On the flop: I am almost always 3 betting here:1. It`s a raised multi-way pot so I am pepared to do some work2. How good is my 2 pair? Does MP1 have 77? Can I get a Q7, K7 withweak low to fold? 3. I would like to get the button out.4. I might want a free card on the turn5. All the low chasers are not drawing as live as they think (holding each others outs) so I need to make them payBecause you didnt show strength on the flop, you cant really tell much from MP1s bet, so a flat call is fine. With 3 more scoop outs I would often raise here too - you want to get A3/A4/23 to fold to increase your scoop chances - e.g. when 2c comes on river.
Thanks, I appreciate the thoughtful points. I don't think I'm brave enough there to 3-bet without a made hand, but buying the button and maybe getting a free card are definitely good things. If I had any back door low draw then I may have 3-bet.