what's $2000 when you can play for $500,000!!!?

From cardplayer.comStating "I gotta go," Daniel Negreanu called an all-in by another player after another raise by John Juanda. Seeing one player flip over Aces, he remarks "Oh, you've got a pair." Upon seeing Juanda's Queens, he says "You've got a pair two!" Flipping over his Qh-10h, he says "I'm the only one with a suit!" After the first four cards reveal only one heart, Daniel is forced to stand up and say "It's too cold to play here anyway. I don't want to get sick." Anyone else think Daniel was thinking of his heads-up matches on this one. Can't blame him, why care about $2000 and having to go thrua large field when you can play Heads-up for $500,000??!!!

From cardplayer.comStating "I gotta go," Daniel Negreanu called an all-in by another player after another raise by John Juanda.  Seeing one player flip over Aces, he remarks "Oh, you've got a pair."  Upon seeing Juanda's Queens, he says "You've got a pair two!"  Flipping over his Qh-10h, he says "I'm the only one with a suit!"  After the first four cards reveal only one heart, Daniel is forced to stand up and say "It's too cold to play here anyway.  I don't want to get sick."  Anyone else think Daniel was thinking of his heads-up matches on this one.  Can't blame him, why care about $2000 and having to go thrua large field when you can play Heads-up for $500,000??!!!
Ummm... here's a few reasons for ya why just giving the 2k WSOP event shouldn't be taken lightly as opposed to a 500k heads-up match. 1. the 2k entry fee could have earned DN 500k+ if he won. Even if he cashes for 20K that's a nice return on a 2k investment. 2. What DN really cares about is not the money anyway... He'd wants another WSOP bracelet... definitely nice to add to his bling collection. 3. In order to play heads-up for 500K he is putting up 500K of his own money. 4. He is going up against Barry G., heads-up, not some Joe Schmo poker dude... 5. Barry was picking the game. 6. Barry has already beaten DN heads-up once in this series. 7... and perhaps most importantly. DN could play Barry at any time... so why blow a WSOP event for it??
Ummm... here's a few reasons for ya why just giving the 2k WSOP event shouldn't be taken lightly as opposed to a 500k heads-up match.
Ummm...whether it should or should not be taken lightly...or whether or not you would for your reasons...the fact remains that Danny tanked one to go play the match with Barry.Or maybe he had to walk his dog . :roll:
Ummm... here's a few reasons for ya why just giving the 2k WSOP event shouldn't be taken lightly as opposed to a 500k heads-up match.
Ummm...whether it should or should not be taken lightly...or whether or not you would for your reasons...the fact remains that Danny tanked one to go play the match with Barry.Or maybe he had to walk his dog . :roll:
I assume you read Daniel's opinion on the situation?