I like to take a lot of chances in the rebuy period of these tourneys.Let's say your playing a Rebuyament on stars, where one buy-in gets you 1500 in chips, but I always buy in for double, so I start with 3000. I go all in with a wide variety of hands. (Flush draw, OESD, Top Pair, Any PP preflop, A 10 + preflop) so that I can build as big of a stack as possible.My question is at what point is your stack big enough that you can calm down and start playing regular poker again? I usually start guarding my chips once I get up to around 5500. At this point I'm protecting myself from people who are still taking big chances, and I try to get my money in as at least a 3 to 1 favorite. Is 5500 the right number? More or less? How do you all approach these tournaments?

I like to take a lot of chances in the rebuy period of these tourneys.Let's say your playing a Rebuyament on stars, where one buy-in gets you 1500 in chips, but I always buy in for double, so I start with 3000. I go all in with a wide variety of hands. (Flush draw, OESD, Top Pair, Any PP preflop, A 10 + preflop) so that I can build as big of a stack as possible.My question is at what point is your stack big enough that you can calm down and start playing regular poker again? I usually start guarding my chips once I get up to around 5500. At this point I'm protecting myself from people who are still taking big chances, and I try to get my money in as at least a 3 to 1 favorite. Is 5500 the right number? More or less? How do you all approach these tournaments?
At 8-10k I generally slow down preflop, trying to see a lot of cheap flops. the low stacks and recent rebuys will still play a flop where theyre behind, but youve cut youre risk tremendously. If I have 8-10k in the last 15 minutes of the rebuy I'll play very tight, because there isnt enough time to rebuild to that level.