PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (3 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($5.58)SB ($5.63)BB ($1.96)Preflop: Hero is Button with 5club.gif, 6club.gif. Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.Flop: ($0.24) 4spade.gif, 9diamond.gif, 7heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12, BB folds.Turn: ($0.48) 3spade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.3, SB calls $0.30.River: ($1.08) 6spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $1.52, Hero calls $1.52.Final Pot: $4.12Villain is pretty average in terms of tightness and aggression. he has not played very aggressively, but has shown aggression with strong hands. He flopped trips and bet out, so I feel he plays fairly straightforward. He has been limp-calling a little more than he should, and doesn't seem to mind playing OOP.Also I have been playing a lot of micro stakes MTTs lately, so I am rusty as hell with deep stack play (which I have missed, immensely).

Unless villian rivered a set, and he really does play straight forward, I don't see how we're ahead. Does he bet with draws at all?Looks like 8 6 to me with the flat calls on the flop and turn.

Looks good to me. I'd think about putting in a value raise at the end here, b/c it's tough to put him on a backdoor flush. The reason I think the call is fine is because your raise will only get called by a flush. However, it's possible he had a weird 2 pair that you might get value from. Otherwise, i'm I like it.

Unless villian rivered a set, and he really does play straight forward, I don't see how we're ahead. Does he bet with draws at all?Looks like 8 6 to me with the flat calls on the flop and turn.
I hadn't seen him betting with his draws, but I hadn't been at the table very long.

Apart from the turn ipits. Turn should be psb for value from any two-pair, bottom set hands

What is villain betting 1.5 times the pot on the river with? With four to a straight on the board, it would be really weird if he is betting a set or two pair, and that leaves us splitting with the same straight, losing to a higher straight (admittedly unlikely) a flush, or a bluff. It just seems like a weird bluff, and is more consistent with a flush hoping that you have a hand like a straight where you would call. Especially with your read that he bets his hands straightforwardly, which makes it less likely he was slow playing and more likely the river hit him. So I am advocating at least thinking about folding.

As villain is straightforward wouldn't he fold nothing but a bdfd on the flop? Unless maybe AsK/Q/Js?. No way can he be putting hero on a flush, perhaps an overpair or straight. Could this be a slowplayed set afraid of hero checking behind when the flush came, especially if villain is discounting the hero having the flush?

Really interested in villains hand here. Please dont miss posting it.
Villain showed T8 for a higher rivered straight. I felt stupid afterwards because I didn't even spot the higher straight possibility.
Looking at it again, I might even pot the flop in position. That would allow us to pot/shove/check/whatever the turn in position.
That gives me something to think about. I am experimenting with my bet sizing at the moment and outcome aside, potting the flop is going to create much more value for me in the long run.