how would u have played it

10$ SNG very early on in the game, so i dont really have ne reads of ne one, tell me what u think of the way i played it or what you would have done*********** # 128 **************PokerStars Game #1419924936: Tournament #6446315, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20)- 2005/03/26 - 14:32:14 (ET)Table '6446315 1' Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: danp212 (1750 in chips) Seat 2: kevinator (1190 in chips) Seat 3: JJmack (1320 in chips) Seat 4: breadmaster (1360 in chips) Seat 5: ~Merciless~1 (1420 in chips) Seat 6: Stickplayer (1580 in chips) Seat 7: colels (3210 in chips) Seat 8: lineman15Kv (1670 in chips) Stickplayer: posts small blind 10colels: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to JJmack [8s 8c]lineman15Kv: raises 60 to 80danp212: folds kevinator: folds JJmack: calls 80breadmaster: folds ~Merciless~1: folds Stickplayer: folds colels: folds *** FLOP *** [5s 7s 6d]lineman15Kv: bets 120JJmack: raises 300 to 420lineman15Kv: calls 300*** TURN *** [5s 7s 6d] [2h]lineman15Kv: checks JJmack: bets 820 and is all-inlineman15Kv: calls 820*** RIVER *** [5s 7s 6d 2h] [4c]*** SHOW DOWN ***lineman15Kv: shows [Qd Qh] (a pair of Queens)JJmack: shows [8s 8c] (a straight, Four to Eight)JJmack collected 2670 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2670 | Rake 0 Board [5s 7s 6d 2h 4c]Seat 1: danp212 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: kevinator folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: JJmack showed [8s 8c] and won (2670) with a straight, Four to EightSeat 4: breadmaster folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: ~Merciless~1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Stickplayer (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: colels (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: lineman15Kv showed [Qd Qh] and lost with a pair of Queens

In this situation, I would have probably folded pre-flop about half the time. You have no read, but he's advertising a solid hand. But, with just 80 to call, you think that those crazy 8s can potentially get you a great pot. Which it did. The flop was great for you and you got lucky. When he calls your all in on the turn I'm thinking I am beat by a set or overpair. I would have played it likewise, but that's me early in a small SnG. . I hope this helps you.

When he calls you'd think that... but I would love this flop. Not sure whether I want to go all-in on the turn, but I'm not folding. I would have called preflop with the PP, and would also raise the flop. His mistake was not re-raising on the flop. He might have been able to buy it there... but his call makes you think you might be good still and then got lucky on the river. But basically, If I don't hit the set, this is the flop I want.

I think the play preflop and on the flop is fine, but once your significant flop raise has been called, I'd slow down. The only likely hands given the preflop raise are a bigger PP than 88 or a big spade draw. Given that, I don't like the all-in one bit - you'll only get called when you're beat.I'd have made a similar sized bet to your flop one on the turn to make the flush draws pay and, if that was called, check it down or fold to a serious bet if I missed the straight.