expected value stats

Because statistics are weird. Remember, these are results from actual people playing actual hands. We expect these hands ( all hands, I suppose) to get better as our position improves, but notice that As, Ts, 9s, 7s, 6s, and 2s are also less valuable in 5th position than in 4th. Notice also that in most positions the stats show A6 as slightly better than A2 - A5. I think most Players would disagree with that particular stat just for the wheel possibility.So these stats reflect specifically the way that Pokerroom players play, averaged over all limits. For a good brain squeeze, pop up a diretory and look specifically at the stats for 5-5 with 9 players across all positions and limits.5-5 is a winning hand in most positions at $2-4 and $3-6, a loser at $5-10, a winner at $10-20, and a loser at $25-50.One other thing - these stats may be useful at Pokerroom and its skins, and probably at any site with the same average skill level. So don't try to take these numbers and expect them to help you win at Full Tilt or UB, for example.Mensch

One other thing - these stats may be useful at Pokerroom and its skins, and probably at any site with the same average skill level. So don't try to take these numbers and expect them to help you win at Full Tilt or UB, for example. Yes, also. You shouldnt adjust you game because of Pokerrooms stats.that is -EV

Guest Anonymous
Taking a look over at PokerRoom's EV stats db (http://www.pokerroom.com/games/evstats/positionStats.php?players=9) I see weird things.Like, 55 is profitable in:BB, 3rd, 4th, 6th 7th and 8thand minus in:SB5thButtonBeing that the db is pretty large how come it has weird stats such as this? Is there anyway to get harder stats?
Talking about one's stats from a certain position with a certain hand provide a little bit of interesting info...but remember it doesn't account for how many people were in the pot before you, and whether or not there were any raises.