quad aces in omaha.. profitable hand?

I've just began "studying" Omaha Hi/Lo and I laugh when I get something like... KK8K, being a Stud/Hold'Em player it pains me to lay these down!So what if you're dealt AAAA, Knowing no one else holds an ace, this hand should be extremely profitable wouldn't you think? I'm talking in mid/high limit games for the most part, although even in a low limit game with relatively good players involved.Just want some thoughts on this... I was going over it in my mind for a while and figured if low cards come, the pots yours to buy, or am I missing something?

In theory, AAAA is a perfect snowing hand, as no one can make the nut low, and if three to a flush come, no one can make the nut flush. Omaha 8 is supposed to be a game of having or drawing to the nuts. However, you and I both know that people like to stay in pots with as little as two bad pair or third nut low. This is not unique to low limits. I don't play PL Omaha 8, but could imagine it showing a profit there. In limit play, though, I don't think it would be profitable.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree with him. You can only snow a person if they've got the common sense to think about what you might be holding."Well... I've got 78 for low and JJ for high... I CALL! *scoops huge pot*"I guess I'm not much better off though, as I've tried snowing with A222 before. I won a very small pot and decided that that was the dumbest play I've ever made.

I assume you are speaking of Omaha Hi, hopefully pot limit.Playing quads of any type in Omaha is a loosing proposition.However, if you can be fairly sure you will get heads-up, it's not the worst thing in the world.It's obviously not going to be a matter of you hitting your flop, because you will not....it is more about the other guy missing and you sensing weakness.Otherwise, they are an easy pass.EDIT: And now of course I re-read and see you are refering to Hi/Lo...in which case you should RUN RUN RUN from quad A's (or any other quads for that matter).What are you really hoping to gain by them? Maybe half the pot, and more likely.....nothing.