A Duece To Twenty Five Hand [moved]

So my roommate and I just got into a debate of a hand he played in a $1-2 blind game. The game is spread limit, with the betting limit $2 to $25.Here’s the hand:There are calling stations galore in this game, with people usually taking inferior hands way too far in hands, and mostly calling a C-bet on the flop.A younger player who had been raising more than his fair share of hands, and had a tendancy to lay down hands preflop, opened the pot for $10. One of the many calling stations in the game called $10. He loses most of the time and is generally good for the game. He’ll call a raise and a reraise to $30 with just pocket sevens. This IS a spread limit game, so some of his calls are correct post flop, but he doesn’t know this, and his starting range of hands is WAY too big to ever be a winning player.Anyways, back to our hero, who has about $75 dollars and picks up 5-6 of spades on the button. Both of his opponents have him covered. He is perceived as a tight player but tried some bluffs earlier that didn’t work out. He usually nets a nice profit in this game, and has never played a structure game his whole life. He has only played No Limit.Hero decides to reraise to $35, leaving himself with $40 left for the flop bet. His goal was to make “a big pot” with the calling station, because he is comfortable to play pots with him, and take out the opener raiser’s hand.+EV or -EV considering the stacks sizes and propensity for the calling station to call an all in from the hero with nothing after the flop, (but usually something that beats 6-high).

Massively -EV with his stack size. I started playing the 2-3-5 spread game over at Second Chances and alot of the concepts inherent in NL do not apply to Spread. In this game, the min bet was 10 and the max was 200 per action. The game had an unlimited buyin which made for extreme headaches when trying to protect your hand.

Like the above poster said, this play seems pretty terrible. He doesn't have a big stack and 65s is a hand that REALLY needs to hit a flop to be any good. His stack is small enough that I might even consider folding pre-flop, however I think a pre-flop call is ok, he's getting good implied odds and all. There's no reason to ever try to get heads-up against a calling station with 6-high though. That just makes no sense.