Feng Shui And Online Poker

Ok so last night, I was donking around in some luckaments on PokerStars with my laptop on the couch while my girlfriend did some homework.She got up to get a drink and I moved to her side of the couch, because I play better and feel more comfortable on that side. She gave me a really funny look when I told her why I straight jacked her seat.I hate playing online in certain places in my apartment, and in certain chairs.I know its weird, but I feel like I play better in certain environmnets.Anyone else feel the same way? I should start graphing my ROI% based on the side of the couch I play on lawl

I dont play online anymore, but back when I did it seemed that I would play better when I was in my chair with a pillow and a blanket wrapped around me.

My laptop on the couch is way more relaxing than my desktop, untill the wireless cuts out.
That happened to me the other day at a 2/4 table, I had Ah Kh and the flop was 8h 6h 2h in a raised pot. The other guy had Jh Jc, so I would have gotten paaaaid.
Ok so last night, I was donking around in some luckaments on PokerStars with my laptop on the couch while my girlfriend did some homework.She got up to get a drink and I moved to her side of the couch, because I play better and feel more comfortable on that side. She gave me a really funny look when I told her why I straight jacked her seat.I hate playing online in certain places in my apartment, and in certain chairs.I know its weird, but I feel like I play better in certain environmnets.Anyone else feel the same way? I should start graphing my ROI% based on the side of the couch I play on lawl
It isn't weird - there are a variety of explanations, not convinced anyone really knows why. I say trust your instincts, just having a positive attitude can be +EV - so, play where it feels good and don't worry about why. But if you are curious, you might read one of those feng shui books and see if you can make it work better - tell us if it does...

I've been doing better on the desktop than on the laptop. It may have something to do with concentration, or it may just be dumb luck, but either way I think the facade (or a false front if you will) of confidence I have at my desktop helps my play.