Strong Flop...downhill From There

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.109 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 6 :D 6 :club: UTG calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: 4 :) 5 :) 3 :D ($0.5, 5 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.3, UTG folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds.Turn: 9 :D ($1.1, 2 players)Hero bets $0.5, MP3 calls.River: A :D ($2.1, 2 players)Hero?I got a little confused here. Does anyone think its worth it to put another bet in here? Doesnt look to get a lot of value, but check calling seems like a pretty bad idea too.

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.109 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 6 :D 6 :club: UTG calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: 4 :) 5 :) 3 :D ($0.5, 5 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.3, UTG folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds.Turn: 9 :D ($1.1, 2 players)Hero bets $0.5, MP3 calls.River: A :D ($2.1, 2 players)Hero?I got a little confused here. Does anyone think its worth it to put another bet in here? Doesnt look to get a lot of value, but check calling seems like a pretty bad idea too.
why is check calling a bad idea here?
why is check calling a bad idea here?
I guess what I meant was checking opens the door for the Villain to bluff at us, which of course isnt such a bad thing, but a big bet would be tough to call.Maybe thats just me being paranoid
I guess what I meant was checking opens the door for the Villain to bluff at us, which of course isnt such a bad thing, but a big bet would be tough to call.Maybe thats just me being paranoid
Its hard to think of a hand that will call your bet that you will beat. Unless the villian was calling down with 56 it is unlikely that they have a made hand that doesn't beat yours. You might get value from a busted draw though (clubs or the lone 6). I would likely check here and consider calling a reasonable bet from the opponent, especially if they are the type to bet when shown weakness.
Its hard to think of a hand that will call your bet that you will beat. Unless the villian was calling down with 56 it is unlikely that they have a made hand that doesn't beat yours. You might get value from a busted draw though (clubs or the lone 6). I would likely check here and consider calling a reasonable bet from the opponent, especially if they are the type to bet when shown weakness.
In hindsight I agree with you. I bet out on the river originally but after the hand I started to think it wasnt the optimal play.Maybe someday I will actually be able to realize what the best play is during the hand :club:
In hindsight I agree with you. I bet out on the river originally but after the hand I started to think it wasnt the optimal play.Maybe someday I will actually be able to realize what the best play is during the hand :club:
Yeah, it will come with experience though. Hang in there, you have the right mindset it sounds like.