this was from a couple days ago. I don't recall the read but its not really relevant in a hand like this. Just curious whether raising or just flat calling in position would give us the best chance to win.My PT stats were 22/15/5PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($9.50)Button ($16.55)SB ($26.25)BB ($23.15)UTG ($35.45)Hero ($54.10)Preflop: Hero is MP with Jheart.gif, Theart.gif. UTG raises to $1, Hero calls $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold.Flop: ($4.25) Aheart.gif, Jclub.gif, 4heart.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets $4, Hero?

this was from a couple days ago. I don't recall the read but its not really relevant in a hand like this. Just curious whether raising or just flat calling in position would give us the best chance to win.My PT stats were 22/15/5PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($9.50)Button ($16.55)SB ($26.25)BB ($23.15)UTG ($35.45)Hero ($54.10)Preflop: Hero is MP with Jheart.gif, Theart.gif. UTG raises to $1, Hero calls $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold.Flop: ($4.25) Aheart.gif, Jclub.gif, 4heart.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets $4, Hero?
I think reads are important here. If you're playing against someone who is a standard player then you can raise to add some fold equity and potentially buy yourself some outs if someone has A10 or something like that. If you're against a calling station then you just call in position and hope to catch your draw.
I think reads are important here. If you're playing against someone who is a standard player then you can raise to add some fold equity and potentially buy yourself some outs if someone has A10 or something like that. If you're against a calling station then you just call in position and hope to catch your draw.
I can tell in about 10 minutes who's going to pay me off and who's not. If they will pay me off, I'll draw on them.

I could see a couple different lines you could take here. First would be raise, making it like 12 or 15. Unless villian has a strong ace he proably can't reraise. It should also shut out the button and small blind increasing out chances of hitting two pair and it being good. We may also take it down right here if villian raised a hand like A6s fearing he was beat. If the villian just calls we can usually get a free card on the turn by checking behind. The one downside to this play is if the villian repops it your pot commited and around a coin flip for 140 bb's. A positive to that though would be showing down a hand like J10 after raising. This should lead to more action on your big hands in the future from observant players, knowing you push draws hard.Just calling may entice others to come in as they will getting pretty good odds. Which in turn increase our pot odds. Regardless of if anyone else calls or not, the problem with this is once the turn blanks were only 32% to win against a hand like AK. So, if the villian fires another big bet around the size of the pot we probably have to fold. Unless you know you'll get the rest of stack every time you hit. I probably lean towards raising this flop just for the benifits of adding fold equity and helping my image down the road if all the money goes in. But, it would probably depend alot on how I feel at the moment, how I'm running, and my fell for the table / player. If I'm running good or not really being able to grind out small pots I probably take a gamble here. But if I think I've got a pretty good comand over the table and how my opponents are playing I probably just call then fold the turn to a large bet.

I could see a couple different lines you could take here. First would be raise, making it like 12 or 15. Unless villian has a strong ace he proably can't reraise. It should also shut out the button and small blind increasing out chances of hitting two pair and it being good. We may also take it down right here if villian raised a hand like A6s fearing he was beat. If the villian just calls we can usually get a free card on the turn by checking behind. The one downside to this play is if the villian repops it your pot commited and around a coin flip for 140 bb's. A positive to that though would be showing down a hand like J10 after raising. This should lead to more action on your big hands in the future from observant players, knowing you push draws hard.Just calling may entice others to come in as they will getting pretty good odds. Which in turn increase our pot odds. Regardless of if anyone else calls or not, the problem with this is once the turn blanks were only 32% to win against a hand like AK. So, if the villian fires another big bet around the size of the pot we probably have to fold. Unless you know you'll get the rest of stack every time you hit. I probably lean towards raising this flop just for the benifits of adding fold equity and helping my image down the road if all the money goes in. But, it would probably depend alot on how I feel at the moment, how I'm running, and my fell for the table / player. If I'm running good or not really being able to grind out small pots I probably take a gamble here. But if I think I've got a pretty good comand over the table and how my opponents are playing I probably just call then fold the turn to a large bet.
I agree with this. My default line with these types of hands is to play them like I would if I flopped a set or two pair. Play aggressively with big draws and it mixes up your play and makes your harder to read.