There are other options for serious depression than pharmacological solutions. My advice to you is to seek a trained professional mental health care provider or psychotherapist. Depression is treatable in several ways. But it often helps just to take the first steps, and in your case that would be to find professional help so you can talk to someone who is trained to listen in a helpful manner, and can offer constructive guidance. The first step is yours, my friend. Don't paralyse yourself by only thinking of reasons not to seek help. Just do it!

uhh I why would you post this on a poker forum? I know its off topic... but what the duece? No one here knows you, and I didn't get past half your post. I feel bad for you, but wtf you want, you're username is right

thank you Ivan, your understanding is appreciated and suggestions are well taken, but waking the next day i realised that things could be so much worse, i do have a constant battle with myself i am my own worst enemy, constantly battling with the good and bad in my life, but life is short, and rather than living in the negative and making myself feel worse, reading what i had typed the following day, actually woke me upto myself, those things are true but i think i can now get them nailed down, typing it and reading it later, was like a shot in the arm, it is now time to turn things round for the better. Take care and thank you!Oh and Stein in all honesty only gave the response my post title deserved, 1 or 2 people do know what the title meant, and it was poker related, those in the know, know, that one i cant explain!thank you and take care allIdiot

I'm relieved to hear you are feeling stronger. Being able to objectify the contents and movement of your inner space in times of crisis is important. In that distance the objectifying clarity has created there's a new energy, and a new space. All it requires is to look, with the flame of attention.It's also possible to maintain a more or less perpetual state of mindfulness about what are these movements, what is the present quality of that space, what forces lay behind the movements, and what happens when we just watch it all unfolding. You'd be surpised. You won't lose your edge. Quite the contrary. It's like getting a pair of those plastic X-Ray glasses from out of a cereal box, except these really work. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad people like ivan enjoy this forum, he always seems to have an interesting view of the topic and seems well learned and well spoken as well as a nice human.I agree with his point of just doing it and can relate to the poster and wish him well.I know I always go on and on about charlie shoten (warbucks) but I really believe in a lot of his philosophys and it's not exactly real deep stuff, yet it would be hard for anyone not to relate. I believe he will be publishing a book soon covering an array of feel good methods, god Bless.