7 Card Stud *high-low* ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-in $0.15

sorry about the vagueness of the topic title, I meant to be more specific but, hey, I can't edit that, now can I? criticism on all streets, please. I'm mostly concerned about whether or not I should have checked once I hit the queen on 4th. I didn't want to alert any of the maniacs that a new monster has been unleashed, but then I saw it was stud hi-lo and I was like oh ****. But is it ok to check 4th and let them get a little cozier with their cards? As you can see, everyone loved what they got on 5th, wondering if this is the way to go every time or should I be protecting and betting that 3 of a kind 100% of the time?7 Card Stud *High-Low* ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)Hand #41243082-1584*3rd Street*Hero: Qd Qc 2d___*brings in*___callsseat 3: xx xx 5d___raisesseat 4: xx xx 5s___foldsseat 6: xx xx 8s___callsseat 7: xx xx Tc___calls*4th Street*Hero: Qd Qc 2d Qh___checksseat 3: xx xx 5d Ac___*checks*seat 6: xx xx 8s 6h___checksseat 7: xx xx Tc Jc___checks*5th Street*Hero: Qd Qc 2d Qh 6s___bets___re-raises___callsseat 3: xx xx 5d Ac 7c___calls___calls___callsseat 6: xx xx 8s 6h 7h___raises___re-raisesseat 7: xx xx Tc Jc As___*checks*___calls___calls*6th Street*Hero: Qd Qc 2d Qh 6s 3h___checks___callsseat 3: xx xx 5d Ac 7c Kc___checks___callsseat 6: xx xx 8s 6h 7h 9c___bets___callsseat 7: xx xx Tc Jc As Th___*checks*___raises*River*Hero: Qd Qc 2d Qh 6s 3h 6c___bets___re-raisesseat 3: xx xx 5d Ac 7c Kc xx___calls___callsseat 6: xx xx 8s 6h 7h 9c xx___raises___callsseat 7: xx xx Tc Jc As Th xx___*checks*___foldsthis is my second biggest pot ever so I bet you're dying to hear the results right :club:

Bet out. Don't give low draws free cards. Get money in as the favorite. Might be betting this betting this in stud high on 4th too, betting it at this limit from the bring-in, they'll just think you have a pair of queens. The rest of the hand looks alright.

ty I thought I should have bet it too, but I was first to act and expected someone else to do the betting for me, and losing just one person on 4th really hurts the potential of this hand ya know? I will bet out next time I'm in this situation though. That's prob where I lost bets, but if someone raised and re-raised and pushed out that guy with the 10 j showing (the doofus that needed my queens to get the straight), I woulda been sad...

ty I thought I should have bet it too, but I was first to act and expected someone else to do the betting for me, and losing just one person on 4th really hurts the potential of this hand ya know? I will bet out next time I'm in this situation though. That's prob where I lost bets, but if someone raised and re-raised and pushed out that guy with the 10 j showing (the doofus that needed my queens to get the straight), I woulda been sad...
Unless I am reading this wrong, you are last to act on 4th. So checking gives a free card...which is hardly ever correct in a split pot game. Probably never correct in a limit split-pot game. Ace high showing should act first here right?If you would somehow be first to act on 4th, I would have definitely check-raised 4th given the opponents boards, I would have expected the opponent to bet.

whoops yes you're right I could hardly understand the hh after it's converted. I must admit I played that bad cost me 2 dollars. They all prob. woulda called in a heart beat :club:

The biggest leak is chasing a low, so give them the chance to leak.
it's not a leak anymore with 4 players in the pot.

naw you can't really re-raise third. Queens up aren't pretty. Every time I go to war with a pair of aces and lower I get burned. I have stopped doing that, a re-raise at third would be a leak.

I like the check on 4th. You have every reason to believe that seat 3 is betting for you. He raised third and caught an A. If nothing else, he should be betting to keep the lead after catching a strong card. Betting out is certainly not wrong, but I would have played it pretty much as you did.

Anyone reraise third?
i don't like it with the deuce, w/ an A (although hero wouldn't be the bring-in) i would consider at the least it would be a strong metagame move. our hand probably runs so close in value to everyone else's that we're gonna trap ourselves w/ the bigger pot when it gets jammed on 5th and 6th if we don't improve (even sometimes when we do).