Ftp $2 Down To Hu

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t150/t3002 playersConverterStack sizes:SB: t9830Hero: t3670Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with Q♥ 7♣SB raises to t600, Hero calls t300 (pot was t750).Flop: Q♠ 5♦ A♥ (t1200, 2 players)Hero ?leads for 600? check-call? check-raise all in? or anyone think my stack is too shallow and should've stuck to push/fold pf? Villian quite aggressive, knocked out last 3 opponents to take us into bubble and out of it. Big fan of slowplaying. Limped AA 4 handed pf and only made one big check-call on river, then later miniraised QQ pf.

You have to lead out: If you bet out 800 your not pot committed; if he comes over the top then you have to decide how likely his range includes an ace, and fold/call accordingly. If he calls, I push the turn no matter comes up.

You have to lead out: If you bet out 800 your not pot committed; if he comes over the top then you have to decide how likely his range includes an ace, and fold/call accordingly. If he calls, I push the turn no matter comes up.
Why go as high as 800? You dont learn any more from that than 300 or 400. In fact youre more likely to get dragged along with the bigger bet, because if villain has an A and youre willing to bet into him, he might just flat call expecting you to do it again. You want to get reraised here if he has the Ace, and the flushed cards on board actually help you here...hes more likely to want to shut out what looks like a blocker bet than if you bet big.

I don't like the PF call. Unless you're incredibly lucky to hit your 2 pair, that hand could get you in a lot of trouble...especially against this kind of tricky opponent where you don't really know what his raise means. I would either throw it away, or make a stand and push PF. Since your M isn't desperately low yet, I'd probably let him have this one and look for a better opportunity.As you played it, I'd agree with copernicus. This kind of villain could easily drag by calling a larger bet with an A, in which case you're just deeper into a dangerous hand. Make a smaller bet to test the waters and see what he does.

I don't like the PF call. Unless you're incredibly lucky to hit your 2 pair, that hand could get you in a lot of trouble...especially against this kind of tricky opponent where you don't really know what his raise means. I would either throw it away, or make a stand and push PF. Since your M isn't desperately low yet, I'd probably let him have this one and look for a better opportunity.As you played it, I'd agree with copernicus. This kind of villain could easily drag by calling a larger bet with an A, in which case you're just deeper into a dangerous hand. Make a smaller bet to test the waters and see what he does.
PF depends a lot on whether villain has been aggressive from the SB, raising a lot with the button. With the shorter stack folding to a lot of min-raises from the button can get very expensive when youre getting 2.5:1 odds. I agree Q7 is on the border if button hasnt been aggressive in the past, but Q8 is a definite call regardless of his past actions.
With the shorter stack folding to a lot of min-raises from the button can get very expensive when youre getting 2.5:1 odds.
More expensive than calling PF and then folding on the flop when you miss most of the time, or possibly leaking more chips when you get stuck with a trouble hand? Heads-up those kinds of starting hands are going to fail to improve on the flop most of the time, so I have a hard time seeing how you're not going to bleed chips calling raises in these kinds of situations. Is it because the potential reward of hitting a hand will offset the chips you throw away when you call and fold?
More expensive than calling PF and then folding on the flop when you miss most of the time, or possibly leaking more chips when you get stuck with a trouble hand? Heads-up those kinds of starting hands are going to fail to improve on the flop most of the time, so I have a hard time seeing how you're not going to bleed chips calling raises in these kinds of situations. Is it because the potential reward of hitting a hand will offset the chips you throw away when you call and fold?
You hit a pair on the flop and he misses about 22% of the time, and youve got nearly those pot odds now. Add to that the implied odds of getting more out of him, plus some fold equity of he shows any weakness on the flop, makes it +EV. As I said, though, Q8 is much better than Q7, both for the straight possibilities added, and the slightly increased chance that 8s hold up better than 7s.
If I muck Q7 here, I'm probably going to end up letting him have a lot more than this hand. It's an average hand but I don't see why we need to hit 2 pair to make it profitable HU. He's been miniraising most buttons and he's actually not very trappy. If we were deeper, I can manipulate him pretty well. He overvalues slowplaying so I have not seen him value bet very often. If he had the A here, he'd call down and let me hang myself, if he had nothing, he might c-bet or fold. One of those guys that just keeps betting until he has something.I see your point about pushing PF instead. But I think it's borderline enough for me to see the flop and still make me uncomfortable about pushing it. If he's raising a little more selectively in position, then I'd muck it as you said.
If I muck Q7 here, I'm probably going to end up letting him have a lot more than this hand. It's an average hand but I don't see why we need to hit 2 pair to make it profitable HU.
I didn't say you had to hit 2 pair to make it profitable, only that this is the kind of hand that could get you into trouble if you don't hit at least 2 pair. What if the flop came 7-5-A instead of Q-5-A?
He's been miniraising most buttons and he's actually not very trappy.
Important information, and it sounds a bit different from the way you presented him in your original post. You described him as aggressive but that he had limped with AA and minraised with QQ. But if he's been minraising most buttons, he could have a fairly wide range.