Didn't Joe Pelton win a WPT event in addition to making another final table? I'd say that puts him in contention.
I thought about this after I made my first post, he has a first and third place finish. So depending on how they do their points he could be in contention. I'm not sure if his tournaments were bigger than JC's though. Throwing JC's third final table in though I think he is the frontrunner for POY.
Didn't Joe Pelton win a WPT event in addition to making another final table? I'd say that puts him in contention.
I thought about this after I made my first post, he has a first and third place finish. So depending on how they do their points he could be in contention. I'm not sure if his tournaments were bigger than JC's though. Throwing JC's third final table in though I think he is the frontrunner for POY.
On the WPT wikipedia page, it says JC Tran is the WPT player of the year. But...I was reading Bluff magazine and Jeff Madsen said this, "I...got lucky against WPT Player of the Year Joe Pelton..."I am assuming Madsen made a mistake, and probably meant to say that he played against a WPT champion Joe Pelton
I am assuming Madsen made a mistake, and probably meant to say that he played against a WPT champion Joe Pelton
The interview with Madsen probably took place before JC's first place finish in Reno. If this is the case, at the time Joe Pelton would have been POY.
The interview with Madsen probably took place before JC's first place finish in Reno. If this is the case, at the time Joe Pelton would have been POY.
Good point, he just said WPT player of the year and it sounded like it was definate.