This hand came up a few weeks ago.Bay 101. 2-3-5 Spread Limit, 5-200. 200 max buy inStack sizesVillian 1 - 100Villian 2 - 250Hero - 160ReadsVillian 1 - this is his first hand so no read. but he bought in short to this already short buy in game. so i don't have a lot of respect yet.Villian 2 - seems like a solid TAG player but only been at the table for less than an hour. He plays somewhat strong hands but seems willing to make good laydowns from conversations i've had with him. Hero - I've projected a TAG image and i'm pretty sure Villian 2 knows this. The only hand i've showed down is when my flopped top two went down in flames to a turned straight against another LAG. PreflopVillian 1 raises in EP to 20, Villian 2 (LP) calls, Hero calls with 9d9s in BBFlop (pot 65)Qh 7h 2dHero checks, Villian 1 checks, Villian 2 bets 35, Hero????Villian 1 appeared very uninterested in the hand on the flop. He looked like he had two big cards but missed the flop and frustrated about it. I have a couple of questions, obviously, what to do on the flop first of all. My thinking is that i have no intention of calling and when i saw the flop i was done with the hand. my reads though told me that no one really hit the flop. Villian 1 was obviously holding no pair. Villian 2 had something but i felt like it was weak from how he bet and how much he bet. He's a smart player and he would bet more, i thought, to protect his hand against the flush draw. i felt pretty confident that perhaps if i moved in i could move them off the hands. Secondly, given the small stack sizes, was this a bad call in the BB with 99?

i felt pretty confident that perhaps if i moved in i could move them off the hands. Secondly, given the small stack sizes, was this a bad call in the BB with 99?
A bad "call?" Probably. Moving in a bad move? Probably. But no one in this game has any money anyway.

Calling seems to be the worst option. If you move in, it looks like a flush draw and you're likely to get called by JJ and TT if the villain is competent. I'd only move in if I were certain that he'd fold a hand like JJ or TT, and I am not sure that's the case.This isn't a bad flop for you but it's not a great flop either. I'm probably just going to fold here and move onto the next hand. In order for this move to work, he has to have either AK, JJ or TT (or some other garbage) and you have to make him think that you hit the Q. If he's got AKh and flopped a flush draw, he's not going anywhere anyway.I vote muck and move on.

Calling seems to be the worst option. If you move in, it looks like a flush draw and you're likely to get called by JJ and TT if the villain is competent. I'd only move in if I were certain that he'd fold a hand like JJ or TT, and I am not sure that's the case.This isn't a bad flop for you but it's not a great flop either. I'm probably just going to fold here and move onto the next hand. In order for this move to work, he has to have either AK, JJ or TT (or some other garbage) and you have to make him think that you hit the Q. If he's got AKh and flopped a flush draw, he's not going anywhere anyway.I vote muck and move on.
What about preflop? with these small stack sizes can you call pf with a mid pair, OOP against two players, getting over 3-1?
What about preflop? with these small stack sizes can you call pf with a mid pair, OOP against two players, getting over 3-1?
Preflop is fine. An argument can be made for pushing since your stack only has 32 BBs in it to start.
Preflop is fine. An argument can be made for pushing since your stack only has 32 BBs in it to start.
Yeah, the starting stack size at this place is ridiculous. I'd like to find a better place to place around here but until then we're trying to get the buy-in upped.
Would that really be the best play against two players, one who is solid and one who i know nothing about? in what situations would you just push here?
Would that really be the best play against two players, one who is solid and one who i know nothing about? in what situations would you just push here?
I'm just saying that it's not an unreasonable play. If I played a game like that, I'd want to try and take a few risks to accumulate chips. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad spot to try that.
I'm just saying that it's not an unreasonable play. If I played a game like that, I'd want to try and take a few risks to accumulate chips. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad spot to try that.
gotcha. thanks.so i went ahead and moved in in the hand. both folded but thought i was full of it. the solid guy had jacks he said. so it worked out but i wondered if i just got lucky and i think that i might have. thanks for the comments.