checking/calling on 7th street

One move I commonly use in stud is if I believe that my opponent is on a straight or flush draw and I have a pair/ 2 pair I just check and call. I win probably about 70% of these hands which makes it worth it in my mind. Is this a correct stategy, People get really pissed sometimes at me because I am checking Aces up and say it is a bad move.

yes, it's correct.you'll only get raised when their draw has hit, and they'll only fold if it missed. betting has no value if you know they're drawing.plus, you can induce a bluff by checking.aseem

I absolutely second what Aseem said. If you're certain someone is on a draw, just check and call. It's by far the smarter play. The only time this wouldn't be true is if you have a monster in your hand -- a full house or better, a made flush when you're sure they've been drawing at a straight. Doesn't cost you anything in this case to stab at it and induce a crying-type call (assuming you don't think they'd bluff at the pot themselves if you checked, in which case, obviously, check).Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Strong players will often check in the dark in this spot. I'm not saying it's the best play, it is just fairly common. You probably aren't going to fold your two pair to a bet, but would rather not get raised and have to make a decision. An added benefit is that by checking in the dark, if they make their hand and you fill up, you can raise them when they bet.

• 2 months later...

I've had trips on my board before and bluffed out straights and flushes. You just have to play the players. Don't do that to calling stations. If you have a pair showing with trips or two pair you should just check though.