I played in the 2/5 NL game last night that is typically a crazy game. Last night, it played a little smaller than usual, but the pots were still big the players were still bad.At this point, I had lost a big pot when my KK couldn't stay ahead of KJ on a JxxxJ board and then lost the rest of my original buy in when I played tournament style poker after a straddle of 20 dollars was called six ways and I had AQ suited. The button woke up with AK.This is shortly after reloading. I have a Mississippi straddle on for 10 dollars. For those of you unfamiliar...in a Mississippi game, anyone can straddle from any position with the option going first to the button. I straddled from the button for 10. The SB folded. The BB, a player that seemed like he'd be tight but raised too much to actually be, bumped it up to 35. The player who cracked me with AK called from MP. He is generally tight preflop, but gets loose and aggressive post-flop. Everyone folded to me.On the button, I had Kc8c. I called the raise. One thing about this hand...when the blind raised, he said, "25" and tossed out his chips. I assumed he raised to 25, but he actually raised 25 more. When I called, I thought I was calling 15 and I didn't hide that fact. Stacks:BB - 300MP - 265Our Great and Honorable Hero: 500Flop:As-Ks-3hBB bet out 35. MP called 35. Hero called 35. Do we hate this call here? I wasn't sure where I was yet, but 35 into 175 pot when the BB seemed weak...I figured it was worth the price to reevaluate on the turn.Turn: AcCheck. Check. Hero checks. Do I take a stab at it here? A check-raise here from one of my opponents would certainly define their hands, but if I can see the showdown for the same price as my stab, isn't a check better than a bet (unless we're value-betting).River: 6dCheck. MP goes all in for 230. Hero...?

A few things. 1. If you meant to fold preflop, I'd defintiely do it on this flop. Yeah, his bet was weak, but MP called. MP likely holds an A or at least Kx where the X is better than your 8.2. On the turn, since you called the flop, I'm either checking hoping to keep the pot small, or taking a small stab at it, hoping to get to showdown for the price of my bet on the turn.3. On the river, this is a pretty easy fold. If he's dumb enough to do this with a pair lower than Kings, then good for him. You can't consider calling becuase you can't beat K9.This is a pretty standard fold. If the players are as bad as you say, just wait until later and get your money in when it might have a chance.

I screwed up the original order of the cards coming out. The ace paired on the turn, not on the flop. I edited in the original post, but please take a look again if you've responded.

Another dead on reply from acid knight.Move the second paragraph to the bad beat forum.
LOL. I edited the original post, so see if that changes your opinion.Certainly my AQ not beating out AK was a horrible beat. I will post it in the appropriate forum next time. :club:

My response is pretty much the same.The other thing, which wouldn't be a HUGE concern for me, is the fact that the BB is still in the hand. Even if for some reason you were on the fence about calling (which I don't think you should be), the BB's presence in the hand still demands that you fold.

My response is pretty much the same.The other thing, which wouldn't be a HUGE concern for me, is the fact that the BB is still in the hand. Even if for some reason you were on the fence about calling (which I don't think you should be), the BB's presence in the hand still demands that you fold.
While the hand was going on, I was more concerned with the BB. I just didn't think that MP could check an ace on that flop. I guess it would have a to be a seriously tricky move by the BB to check the turn and river with a big hand here.
While the hand was going on, I was more concerned with the BB. I just didn't think that MP could check an ace on that flop. I guess it would have a to be a seriously tricky move by the BB to check the turn and river with a big hand here.
The BB could actually have AK or KK here. His check on the turn was in hopes that he could check raise. His check on the river would then be, umm, interesting? Tricky? Dumb? Something.